Chapter 47

Francessa's POV

"So... Where are you taking me for dinner?" I asked him as we sat in his car.

"It's not the dinner... It is the payment that I am making for your help." He said and started driving. So business like, tough and serious person... Those kinds which I never liked.

But with him it is actually fun... He contradicts almost everything I say. He maintains his safe distance but still fights with me.

"Sure, and I am coming with you for food. Now please say where are you taking me?" I asked him.

"As you know, I am new here and have idea where we can get some nice food. Mine is already prepared at my house by my cook which is sometimes enough for two people. If you want we can go have homemade food while discussing the event. The food is very tasty by the way." He said casually and looked at me before focusing on driving.

For the first time! He is inviting me in his house in the first meeting... Does he...

"No, before you go further with your thoughts. I just don't like the food to go waste. It's already cooked so I have no choice but to eat it." He said while glaring at me. Oh boy! He might be thinking that I am so judgemental!

Francessa! You are stupid to think about something like that... He is not having his chance with you!

"Sorry... It's just that working as social worker, I have seen so many things that sometimes... I am sorrry for judging you." I said while smiling lightly.

"Two times in a day. God forbid! If I have to meet you everyday, you will dig for something new everyday." He said sarcastically but I can't refute when he is correct on his part.

"Fine... I apologize. I promise not to judge you before asking you. And we can go to your house." I said as I tried to appear as guilty as possible.

"It's not totally abnormal though so I will forgive you on that." He said.

"I am sorry for bursting like that in the hospital too. But you were also very arrogant." I blurted out.

"Arrogant? Well! You were behaving like an insufferable person." He said as he parked hi car.

"I was not! You wanted to draw an agreement." I said as I alighted from the car.

"Because, you make issue of a small matter." He said and gestured me to follow him.

"They might be small for you but they were huge for me." I huffed and followed him in the elevator.

"Agreed. But they are actually small. If you would have agreed to postpone your event then the issue wouldn't have prolonged." He said after he pressed 25th floor sensor button.

"But I sent all the invitations." I said while we stood two ends of the elevator.

"Apology mail to everyone would have sufficed." He said.

"No! Look it's gone now okay? We have already got the solution so stop fighting now." I said.

"As if I start everything. It's yiu everytime." He said and just then the doors opened and he moved out. I felt like throwing my clutch on his head.

I even motioned myself to do it but stopped after realising that he is actually correct. I followed him silently. His house was not at all house. No paintings, no pictures, no flower vases, No decorative articles... Only useful things. Totally boring house white coloured walls and brownish black and white furniture. But still very homely.

"Please make yourself comfortable on the couch, I will bring the food here." He said and went away, towards hus kitchen.

"How can I make myself comfortable when he so rudely makes me realize my mistakes." I muttered and flopped on the couch.

"Umm... I think the food will be less. Do you want to order something else?" He asked as he brought the bowl full of pasta.

"No... Order will take too much time. We can go for sandwich. I know how to make sandwiches. Actually only that." I said smiling.

"Great... I know how to cook. We can also cook some more pasta." He said.

"Okay. I will help if I can. Where did you learn cooking?" I asked him as we went to the kitchen.

"After my grandma died,there was no one to cook so I had to learn it." He said and removed his uptight coat.

"What about your parents?" I asked him.

"They were busy ruining someone's life and earning money. Though they loved me but they are wrong." He said and kept water for boiling the pasta.

"I am sorry. I heard it from Papa but it slipped my mind. Did you go to meet them?" I asked.

"No... Not yet. But I will go soon." He said and started cutting vegetables.

"What should I do?" I asked him because from the way he answered, I got to know that he don't want to talk about that.

"Bring that diary from my briefcase. We will discuss the remaining points of the event." He said making me pout.

"But let me help with food. Please?" I asked him.

"Fine... But you have to promise me that you won't start a fight." He said seriously making me laugh.

"I will not pick a fight, not now atleast." I said.

"Fine... Take out another pan and make the sauce." He said while cutting the vegetables. He didn't even look at my side.

Just now I said, I don't know how to cook and ge expects me to cook pasta sauce!

"Take another pan out and add some butter and let the butter boil. After that add some all purpose flour to it and stir it well. After that I will say you what needs to added. Will you be able to do it?" He asked making me gulp in nervousness.

"Yes... I think I can. It cannot be that hard." I said went on to do my work.