Chapter 51

Idhaya's POV

"Well... No. If you cannot claim then you cannot expect me to wait till I reach beyond the age of thinking of marriage." I pushed him and got off the couch.

"Why? Marriage is not the solution for everything. If you take my opinion in to consideration, it makes things even more complicated." He said and started tailing behind me in to the kitchen. The moment I registered his words, I turned and looked at him.

"How does it make things complicated?" I asked him seriously. Initially, I was just provacating him in to a banter, but now after hearing him, this is suddenly turning in to something serious that needs a good talk.

"It just does." He said and averted his eyes.

"And I am asking just how it does that?" I asked took support of kitchen railing to stand.

"Well, if one wants to move out of this relationship they have to divorce and if one person does not agree then the lifeless marriage will be dragged for whole life. Not only it confuses you but your children too. Look at Tristan, Alessandro and Carmelia now. Because of their parents they might never be able to trust on marriage ever." He said and looked at me.

"Well, you may be right. But I don't understand why you always look at the wrong side and not the right one. If their parents made mistakes then they are correcting it. And I know they will find their own way. You are not married still your child was confused about his mother and he also found his way and now he considers his own mother as Aunt and they both are okay with it. And you have examples of two more marriage in front of you. Our parents' marriage is successful even after all the complications. Niether your mother and nor mine left or broke the relationship." I said as I made him look into my eyes.

"But still it makes things different. It feels that you are getting caged." I looked at him and backed away.

"If it cages you then let me go. You are anyways always confusing me. The moment I think that we can be something, you always push me away. But let me warn you, I will give chance to anyone whom I like and you will not interfere." I said and drank the water and went to my room.

"No, I will not let that happen." I heard him from behind.

"Then I will not let this happen if you cannot promise to be there for me always." I muttered while walking upstairs.

"Idhaya!" The moment I was about to open the door of my room, I heard his high pitched voice.

"What happened?" I said with bored expressions.

"Can we not keep everything as it is? It's more fun and adventurous." He asked and I just raise my eyebrows at him.

"Like how you wnat it? Me being your son's nanny for my whole life and you being the lover who will eventually get married for may be a business venture or something. And then you will say 'it's just a marriage of convenience and we are still on'? I cannot and I will accept it Ivanovich Esposito. Either you forget me and I will be just a mere Nanny or you will give me assurance that whenever you are ready you will name our relationship. And I am not forcing you do it now. I am ready to wait. But when the wait is over, either I will be fully in or fully out of your personal life." I said and without waiting for his response I went inside the room.

*****

Ivanov's POV

Why she does not understand that I have trust issues? What if one day I am not rich person that I am right now and she decides to leave me? How am I going to handle myself and Enzo?

"Idhaya! Open the door please!" I requested her.

"What more do you want to say?" She asked from the other side making me groan.

"Listen, what I want to say is what if the situation is not like this anymore? What is am not rich anymore?" I asked her directly.

"Seriously? You are asking me that? My mother didn't leave my father because he lost his speaking skills. She was there when he decided to go to old age home.I have nothing but my own words to prove that if something like this happens then wherever you are going to take me I am going to come with you. If you decide to put my hand, I willforever hold that hand and move forward with you and not anyone else." She said and I could feel the sincerity in her voice. And I could imagine her always supporting me, always being there for me.

"And I can always start my business again. That business was no investment business, just some good connections and I will be able to reinvent my old business. We will be happy, Enzo will be happy but that is only if you want that." I chuckled at her.

"Your business flopped the first time. Why do you think that it will work again?" I asked her.

"That was rude Ivano! It didn't work because you didn't pay me the fee." She snapped at me making me chuckle.

"if I paid you the feat on time would you have visited my office to give give that account balance ledger to me? And would you have been my nanny?" I asked her with teasing smile.

"No! And that would have been less of a headache for me. now if you have nothing more to say you can go back to your room I want to sleep I am very sleepy and tired." She said with haughty attitude of hers.

"Idhaya, give me some time. I promise you by the end of that waiting period I will give you final decision of whether he will be together or she will not be together." I said softly.

"Fine. I give you two weeks." She said making me sigh. Can I not request longer period?

"And you can have one month if you want a longer period, but not more than that." She said.

One month!