Chapter 13

Ivano's POV

"You won't believe it! She just came inside and my principal started sweating. And when my friend, who as I said, happens to be the daughter of the trustee, threatened her that if Enzo passes her given examination my principal will be terminated... You should have seen her face. God! It was refreshing." I smiled at Idhaya's excitement. She directly high-jacked my office in her happiness.

"Then, say me. My nephew passed the exam? And that friend of yours, really terminated the principal?" Emi asked as his eyes glittered with amusement.

"Passed? He rocked it! He knows tables till 15 and he can add three-digit numbers. His handwriting is neat and he writes fast. My principal made sure that he won't be able to pass, but she didn't know about my Enzo's capabilities. Even I was shocked when Aida made Mrs. Conti leave the school. In my little bubble, I loved it." She said and kissed Enzo's cheeks. The pride of being Enzo's father surged through my veins.

"Wow! I am proud of you." Emi picked him and pushed him on his shoulders. Enzo laughed as Emi tickled him.

"I am proud of you." I went towards them and said to Enzo. He gestured to me to pick him up which I did without a second thought.

"Oh! Before I forget, I think we should party today. To celebrate Enzo's admission. Can we boss?" I nodded.

"Yes. Call your friend too, if not for her then my son wouldn't have been so happy." I said.

"Already did." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I mean..."

"You mean you already planned a party in this little mind of yours. Asking my permission was just a formality." She blushed when I smirked at her.

"In my defense, I knew you will not deny this reasonable request. And I feel you should thank Aida personally." I nodded.

"Okay then. I will see my favorite nephew tonight." Emi ruffled Enzo's hair and departed. Though we don't talk to each other, I am grateful for the fact that the brotherly bonding is still alive on both sides. If the situation were inverse today then I would have loved my nephew the same as he loves Enzo.

Some relations are unbreakable even though the outer surface has some minor cracks.

"Boss, what should be the menu today? I am baking Enzo's favorite cake." I must admit these few days have made me habituated to deciding the menu. I never did that, but when she wants to know what I want to eat then I want to eat that dish even more. Made by her hands.

"Let's make something exotic." I said.

"You?" She asked while her eyes were doubtful.

"No. We will." She sighed in relief making me question my cooking talent.

"The taunt I felt in your sigh is hurting my self respect Idhaya." I said and looked at Enzo snoring softly over my shoulder. When I turned to her she looked horrifically shocked.

"What?" I asked her when she opened and shut her mouth multiple times.

"You... Called me Idhaya." I stiffled when I recalled what I said.

"So what? It's your name." I covered up shock and said.

"Yes. But you didn't put the infamous prefix 'Ms'." She did the inverted coma's sign when she said Ms.

"You are exaggerating. And if you are trying to discharge yourself from apologizing me then think again." I said and heaved an internal sigh when she glared at me.

"I apologize boss. I have no idea what so ever about the internal chef within you." Now I glared at her.

"Are you challenging me? And if you are then it is accepted. Today I will make my specialty Polenta." I said with determination.

"Boss, you are trying to dig your own grave." I made Enzo sleep on the couch and turned to her.

"Let's wait and see. And yes, I also should thank you for your efforts." She turned to me while blushing.

"Erm.. I didn't do anything." She said and took out the tissue. "Enzo drools when he sleeps with his mouth slightly open. Let me clean your suit." She started cleaning my suit without listening to me.

"You did everything. Magic may be." I muttered against her forehead. She looked up while her hands stuck on my shoulder.

"Huh?" She asked in confused tone.

"You heard me." This time I lowered my head said against her lips. She was too numb to say something but her blush said everything she felt. What should I say about her effect on me? Laat night when I saw her in towel she was hot. When I saw her in thise old clothes she was hot and more.

"I... I am done." She was about to remove her hands when I caught them.

"Your face right now, reminds me of last night. In your towel. Without your... Towel."

"You are embarrassing me." She tried wiggling out of my grip.

"No. Embarrassment around me is the lasr thing I want to make you feel. If it makes you feel any better then... Last night all I wanted was..." I stopped saying and went more close to her lips making her gulp. Maybe in anticipation.

"Was?" She still whispered bravely.

"Not was. I still want to hold you like this." I caught her back with my free hand. "And k..."

"Ivano..." We bith staggered back as soon as we Tristan's voice. We both turned towards the door as he looked at us in shock.

"What..."

"Before you assume, Ms Idhaya was cleaning my suit." I said and she waved the tissue in her hand.

"With your hand on her back?" He asked in amusement making me curse.

"She was about to fall."

"He was about to fall." I mentally groaned when we simultaneously made fool of us.

"Ahem. Who exactly fell at last?" He asked further. The bastard is enjoying at my expense!

"No one."

"She." I shut my eyes and then looked at her. Pleading her to let me handle this I turned to Tan. I gestured to punch him if he didn't shut his mouth.

"Okay. I got it. No one but she fell. I will get going and will meet you at the party." He winked at us and left leaving the atmosphere bloody uncomfortable as ever.

*****
So sorry for not updating yesterday as promised. Late update due to writer's laziness. 🤣