Chapter 56

Aida’s POV

Sometimes it happens that when you look into the mirror, you don’t realize it’s you. Especially when all the your life you were made to believe and at one point you also started believing that you should be leered upon. Some people might think that all these kind of thoughts are malarkey and they should not be taken seriously, but you know and only you know how much you stopped yourself from believing in all these bullshits. Even after Francessa went after getting me ready, and all I did at this point was sit in front of mirror and attract negativity.

I look so different and maybe I can even be considered as beautiful, but still I feel paranoid. I am stressing so much for a simple date... Is Emiliano feeling the same? Was he also up the whole night for this date? He has girls swooning all over him and I have witnessed it. I have seen how our hospital's nurses show their bloody cleavage to attract him.

I don't know... After meeting so many amazing girls why was he interested in me? I will ask him that today.

All my thoughts were disrupted when my phone rang. I hastily picked it up because I knew it is Emiliano.

No... Not because of my heart knows it's him. Its just custom ringtone! Hahaha!

Whenever he calls, 'Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone' sounds.

"Hello!" I said while smiling. I don't understand, just now I was full of negative thoughts and when he called I am all smiles. It's like I didn't feel depressed over stupid thoughts ever.

Is this what people call soul to soul connection?

"Hello." He said with his calm and soothing voice.

"Are you ready?" He asked after a pause.

"Yes... I am." I said while looking at myself once more.

"Okay... I am waiting outside your house. Come out." He said and I ran taking my bag.

The moment I opened the door, I met with the handsome man wearing all black casuals busy with his phone! He looked like he is born to grab attention.

All the people coming back to the colony from their morning walks were looking at him as if they haven't seen a good sight in their whole life.

I hastily ran towards him and pushed him inside the car after opening the door for him. Running towards the passenger seat, I made myself comfortable while he was looking at me in confusion.

"What? They were about to pounce on you! You should be banned from wearing black!" I said as I looked at him. I think he took my serious words as joke and started laughing.

"So in short you are jealous?" He asked or majorly it can be considered as teasing. Teasing at its best! I glared at him but his smirk only grew wider with the fierceness of my glare. Ultimately, I gave up scaring him with my eyes. He is not going to surrender anyway.

"So what? Is it a crime to be jealous over your date?" I asked him more like snapped on him.

"Well... No. People gets jealous over me even when I am not dating with them." He said and he said it proudly that I wanted to smack his face.

"I didn't do it! It was all confusion created by Francessa." I snapped at him.

"But when did I take your name?" He asked making me shut my eyes in frustration. With innocence he slapped the truth on my face that it didn't even hurt. I just felt embarrassed that I spoke without noticing his provocation.

"By the way, I feel so proud of myself! I fooled a psychiatrist!" He said making me sigh in irritation.

"Just shut up and start driving!" I muttered and looked ahead.

"Is this how some people treat their date?" He asked and that made me feel guilty. After so much drama and disappearances and anger, finally we are having this much awaited date and I am fighting with him? How stupid of me!

"I am sorry..." I muttered as he started the car.

"Just give me a 'worth remembering gift' on this date and you will be forgiven. For this mistake." He said while driving making me smile.

"You look handsome in black." I said to divert the topic as it was getting too awkward to think about what he said.

"I know. Black is everyone's colour I feel." He said eyeing me. I looked down to see even I am wearing black and I didn't even realize that we are twinning.

#couplegoals!

"We do look like couple then." I said while smiling. I had no intention but destiny obviously played it's game and we look so much like 'made for each other' couple.

"We always did... No matter what we wore you always used to treat me like how a wife treats her husband." He said while giving a slight smile.

I frowned at him.

"How? I never behaved like a wife!" I said while the frown deepened.

"You did. You always ordered me around like a wife. Come for next appointment. Go talk to your brother and sort out the differences, Don't encourage the nurses to fall for you, Sit straight, start talking, don't flirt with your doctor etc etc." He kept on going about me behaving like a wife.

What the hell!

"I was just being a responsible doctor! Remember? You were my patient at that time." I said and smiled politely.

"Yes... But let me be very clear your nagging no matter how much irritating it was, it gave me homely feeling." He said making me look at him in daze.

"At night, I was thinking that I never gave you the reason to trust me. Not that I thought it very suddenly, but I was talking to Tristan over call and he said how bad he feels that he misunderstood Carmelia. Frankly, just to pacify his guilt I said she never gave us the reason to trust her. And then it hit me that even I didn't give you any reason to trust that I an actually interested in you. More than I would ever be in any other girls who is just a beautiful shell and nothing else in my heart. It's just you who will ever find a place in my heart." He said and my heart fell all over again for him.