Chapter 37

Aida's POV

"Aida... Whatever happened was too bad my daughter. But atleast you could have come to us. Idhaya was your good friend and I would have loved to have another daughter." Idhaya's mom said while patting my head.

"No Aunt. At that time she had her own problems. And we were not that good friend. I am hardly talkative and she is fully business minded." I chuckled at the memory.

"I know right! This girl got me mad when she always used to think of business. But she is really good at heart and I am proud of that." She said while smiling adoringly.

"And she loves my nephew a lot!" Emiliano said and finally looked up from his phone.

"Yes. She loves him and always talks about him. And your nephew is absolutely adorable. He even wrapped Idhaya's father in his pinky finger." She said.

"That he is. Everyone loves him except his mother. But now as Tan said she have had mind change. I hope she will be cordial with our prankster boy." Emiliano said and for a second I feared that the love he had for her has returned. But seeing his expressions there is nothing of this sort.

"Everything will be fine." She said.

"Aunt, I apologize on behalf of my brother. He was very rude and..." Idhaya's mother interrupted Emiliano.

"He cares for my daughter. And this was my mistake so I am not angry. You don't have to apologize." She said to him.

"Yes that he does. Please don't mind him, even he doesn't know he loves her." Emiliano chuckled and I looked at him in guilt.

He just wanted a breakfast with me... A simple breakfast and now he doesn't look at me more than what is required in this situation. Aida! You are totally stupid! The guy whom you should have kicked on shin, you invited him in your house. And Emiliano... You should have respected him but you slapped him!

"Aunt, it's time to call him." He said to Aunt.

"Yes. I am scared though." She said nervously.

"Don't be. Just think what would happen to other victims if he is not arrested. Just be confident. Don't let him know that you know his crimes." She nodded at me.

"And... Now let's do it." Emiliano said handed her the phone.

"Wait! Let's discuss how his mind can work?" I asked them and Emiliano sighed and gestured me to go ahead.

"Though this is third time but please do the honour." I glared at him.

"He might ask..." Suddenly Enzo's phone beeped. I looked at him and he smiled seeing the phone. Who might have messaged him? Why is he smiling this much?

"You have a ready script as promised." Laughing at Aunt he handed her the phone. I instantly felt relieved.

"This girl! I am not even reading this." She huffed and looked at the phone. She smiled adoringly while looking at the phone.

"What there in the script to laugh?" I asked her in confusion.

"Look." She handed me the phone. I instantly took and looked at phone.

'Don't overdo Mom. Just be like you be when you fight with father. Real emotions! All the best. Coming in two minutes.'

I smiled and shook my head.

"So? Are we ready?" Idhaya asked while coming.

"First you co..." Suddenly Aunt's phone rang. She took the phone frowned.

"He is calling." She said making us alert. I gestured her to pick it up and put it on speaker.

She nodded and picked the call.

"Hello. Aldo... How was your meeting with my daughter? Did you like her?" She asked casually and gestured Idhaya to see her acting.

"Yes I did. But you didn't say that she Ivanovich Esposito's girlfriend." He said making us look at Idhaya in shock.

She shook her head and gestured at Ivano whispering 'he is the culprit'. When we turned to Ivano, he just smirked. I gestured Aunt to handle the situation.

"What are you saying!" She exclaimed.

"Yes. When we were having our date he suddenly came and stated that he is her boyfriend. I am saying you Aunty that by your shocked voice your daughter didn't say you anything. She rejected me by the way." He said over the call.

"Oh my god! But I like you for my daughter. Would you marry her if I convince her?" She asked.

"Yes of course. But, you will have to let me meet her." He said and Aunt looked at us in confusion. Ivano was already fuming.

"Okay. Then meet me now first and we will make a plan on that." She said.

"Are you sure you will leave Esposito for a son-in-law and have me as one? I mean he is a big name after all." He asked suspiciously.

"He is a very big man who... Is using my daughter to take care of his son. He might not like you do. You like her right? If not then we will leave this alliance also." She said confidently.

"No. But I am just asking. Yes we can meet now. Where should I come?" She looked at us for confirmation. Emiliano hastily typed on phone and showed her.

"Great! Come at Bella's cafe. You know the address right? I will come and we will discuss everything." She said.

"Okay. I am coming in an half an hour." He said and ended the call

"Oh god! I did well right?" She asked everyone and I went and hugged her.

"Thank you so much! You don't know what you have done for me." I felt like crying and before I could stop myself tears flowed from my eyes.

"Okay enough of that. Let's get this done. We will go by cab only as this guy might recognise your cars." Aunt said and patted my head.

We all nodded.

*******

"Why is not here? Did he come to know that we are framing him?" I muttered to Emiliano while we all waited near parking lot with police department.

"Will you stop digging your nail on ny arms? It pains a lot." I muttered a sorry but didn't leave him. It's like I am getting some strength to wait just by holding on to him.

"I am saying you no one will go infront of him. We will play very safe. Especially you Idhaya." Idhaya glared at Ivano and nodded when her mother glared at her.

"Stop it. He might be coming at anytime." Aunt said and we all waited silently again. I silently made prayers to God that he should not escape again.

"Are you Aldo Sullivan?" We heard a female voice.

"Yes. And I don't know you beautiful." He said while flirting with her making us frown.

"Oh obviously you don't. I am Francessa Santorini, beautiful daughter of Commissioner of police. And a social worker." She said and kicked him in shin. After that the department caught on him.

We all came out and I went and slapped him.

"You..."

"Yes. And now you will not be breathing in open air." I snapped at him and gestured them to take him away.

"Thank you Ms. Francessa. I must say you did a commendable job over there." Emiliano said and smiled at that beautiful lady. And it left my heart burning.