Chapter 42

Idhaya's POV

Finally! After a long day I finally reached at home. Enzo is already sleeping in my arms soundly and even Mr. Esposito is tired. After all the fights and again fights, atleast two people sorted their differences. Emiliano and Aida are still stuck somewhere and I had no energy to deal with another fight today.

"I am going to charge sitting fees from Alessandro! He made us sit and literally had to draw an agreement between them. That too with witnesses." Mr. Esposito tiredly said as we entered the elevator.

"You don't need anymore money. I will charge him extra sitting fees on behalf of you. Shameless money hungry boss!" I muttered and glared at him.

"What? Money hungry? I am charging for the time I wasted on his issue. And... About hunger... I am very hungry." He said the last part seductively and looked at me making me avert my eyes.

"This flirting is not entertained." I said and shrugged my shoulders. Enzo stirred in hi sleep due to that so I had to pat his back.

"Why? If I remember correctly, we were flirting just this afternoon." He said in confusion.

"God! How can I be so mad at you? It is okay if you act aloof after some intimate moments but how can I do the same?" I said sarcastically making him even more confused.

"What are you even saying?" He asked as we got out of the elevator.

After unlocking the door we went inside and I looked at him.

"Well... If you remember correctly, when last time we kissed the same day you suddenly said me stay away from Enzo. Now before you get the opportunity to throw attitude, I had to grab this chance." I smirked and went to Enzo's room. After I settled him on the bed, I changed his dress and covered him properly with duvet. Turning off the lights, I went outside to Mr. Esposito waiting just outside the door.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"You want to know the reason why I asked you to stay away from Enzo?" He asked.

"What is there to know? You made it clear that day that you don't want him to be too attached with me. It will be a problem for you when... I leave." I said and glared at him.

"But let me say you one thing, I am not going behave rudely with Enzo. I just can't do that and I will not do it. Never!" I said and tried to push him aside but he didn't budge.

"I know. It was futile to even ask you something like this. But listen to me, please?" He said making me look at him in shock.

"You said 'please' to me?" I asked him to be sure that my ears are playing game with my mind.

"I know the meaning of please." He said sarcastically and looked at me with his bored expressions.

"Knowing the meaning and actually using a word is different. In your's or any Esposito's case, these few words like 'please', 'thank you' and 'apologies' are least used." I said and patted on his shoulder and pushed him aside and went and sat on the couch.

"Okay fine. But now you will listen to me and sit quietly. I am ordering you as a very strict boss." He said.

"As a very strict boss? You are already super strict, you have to handle whom I meet, whom I am planning to get married, when I am getting married, whom should I meet, what I should talk to others and petty things like that." I said and looked at him with frown.

"Idhaya! You know if I didn't interrupt you then it would have doom for your life and with that your parents' too." He said meaningfully making me look at him guilty.

"Fine! But you stopped me from meeting anymore prospective grooms. What you said at that time? Chipmunks?" I mocked him.

"I also said I can take care of you." He said.

"As if I need your care. You also said I should work here as 'your nanny'." I said and looked at him.

"Yes! That is what I meant." He said while already getting annoyed at my continuous mocking and questioning.

"So you want me to be just Your Nanny for my whole life? I want to get married and have kids. I am not going to..."

"Do hell with what you want! I don't want you to get married to just anyone." He shouted and pulled me against him.

"Why don't you understand! I have my parents who have beautiful dreams for their daughter. I can't just ignore their wishes just because my boss did not find my replacement!" I shouted and tried to pull myself away from him.

"No, I have not found your replacement because I am not looking for one, because I don't want to! I don't want to replace you because you are irreplaceable! Nor I or niether Enzo can replace you with any other woman." As soon as he said that I looked at him in shock.

"W... what?" I asked in whisper.

"Yes! I don't want to let you go from here. Anywhere." He said and hugged me.

"But just a few days ago you wanted me to..."

"Because Aida said so. She said Enzo loves you and if your bond with him is triggered then he might start talking. He will try to talk and call you  and get your attention. He will atleast make an effort to talk to you." He said while hugging me.

"Ivano... I will not be able to ignore that munchkin of mine. Let's not force it on him. He will start speaking when the time is right. Just don't make me make him sad. I will not be able to see him crying and lonely. He is very smart and he will find his way. Let's wait for right time to make it happen. For now, he is already in new environment with his school and now Carmelia also is looking forward to be a part in his life. Too much is changing for him and I don't want to confuse him more. I will do as you say but not now... Let him get used to everything." I said and looked at him. He nodded after thinking and sighed.

"It's just that I was hopeful. I was hopeful to hear his voice. I even started imagining that if my father listens his voice then he will also come out of comma. Dad so wanted this to happen." He said and lone tear escaped his eye making me cry for his pain.