Chapter 102

Ichigo was sitting up on the roof still, looking out at the sky. Everything was calm and quiet, until he began to hear some rustling. There was a faint ‘whoosh’ noise, and Noctis appeared before him.

“Hello, Kurosaki.  We have a lot to discuss, you and I.” He said, stepping forward.

~~~~~Small Fast Forward~~~~~

  “Tell me what you know!” Ichigo yelled at Noctis. The fact the they were standing precariously on the roof seemed to slip his mind as he took a step forward and grabbed Noctis by his shirt collar.

“We don’t know anything yet, that’s what Prompto is trying to find out now.” Noctis said, knocking Ichigo’s hands off him. 

“So you’re telling me that you don’t know anything about anything, and you sent Prompto to figure it out? This is someone’s life, not a toy for him to play with! Why did you tell me you knew where she was if you don’t know jack shit about how to get her?”

“You’re right, it was a bad plan. I thought you might want to know, but it seems like you just want to hit me.”

“You’re damn right I do.” Ichigo crossed his arms. A light appeared beside Noctis, and then Prompto appeared with a soft pop.

“Wheeeew. That’s not fun.” Prompto sighed as he rubbed the back of his head.

“What did you find out?” Noctis asked him, ignoring Ichigo’s complaints about the two of them just popping up unexpectedly out of nowhere.

“She’s alright!....more or less….” He grinned and shrugged.

 “But she’s alive, right?”

“She’s alive!” He nodded, his grin growing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were dead. Or you would be soon. You were sitting in the air vent, just waiting for Hojo to come and find you. Hope was trying to get you to keep moving, crawling along in the vent like rats. You didn’t know where you were going, but as long as you kept moving it would only make it that much harder for Hojo to find you….but if he did find you….well, things looked bleak. And that went double for Ven. He was already in deep shit, and he was on his own. Everything inside you told you that you should burst through the nearest vent cap then charge off looking for him, but there was no way of getting out alive if you tried anything like that. Hojo was done experimenting on you. If he found you, he wouldn’t just throw you back in your room, or lock you in the cells. This time, he would just kill you.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where are they?” Ichigo cut in.

“Somewhere hidden, way off the charts.” Prompto responded, being as dramatic as he could.

“It’s far. It would take at least a days to get there in a small, fast ship.” Noctis said, trying to be more realistic. Ichigo was already fussy enough, they didn’t need to push it.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Ichigo pressed, looking between the two of them like they were idiots.

“Relax. We’ve got time. If we try and rush into this….let’s just make a plan first.” Prompto said, trying to keep everyone calm. Noctis and Ichigo were both itching to go, but from what he had seen of the way you were being treated by Hojo, he knew that they needed to be smart about this. If there was any chance of this rescue succeeding, it would be because of a well thought out strategy.

“EEEYYYYY!” Someone yelled from the road, getting all of their attention. Ichigo looked over his shoulder and saw Zack and Gippal on their nightly walk, Gippal holding his hands cupped to his mouth so his voice would travel farther…not that it really needed any help. “What’s with all the yelling?” He called.