Your FF/KH/Others (Part 87)

You and Riku were at the café in line to order drinks, with a few people in front of you. You made him promise to take you on a tour of the city, since there was nothing else to do, and you were already out. Lavi was on his way to join you, Allen and Zero were still in their rooms as far as you knew, and Ven and Roxas were locked in your room, talking about something or another; you really didn’t know.

Riku was making casual conversation with you, although he kept trying to get you to talk about your injuries, but you just kept blowing them off, then turning them over onto him.
“I don’t know, I guess my arm hurts a little.” He said, pushing back his sleeve and revealing a large purple bruise, “But I’m not the one everyone is worried about.”

“Hmm, you know, if it hurts you should get someone to look at it. There’s probably not going to be a better opportunity than now.” You said, glancing at his arm, then back at the drink menu you were looking at.

“What do you mean?” He asked, trying to pull the menu out of your hands so you would talk to him, but you turned your back so he couldn’t get at it.

“Well, we are surrounded by the best medics you could possibly hope to find. I’m sure if you asked, Ven would fix you up.” You were trying to pick between three drinks, and it was taking up most of your concentration.
“Ven isn’t exactly in good shape right now—” “Maybe not him then. If you asked nicely, Lulu might.”

“She has to make sure Ven stays alright.”
“Well, what about Bookman? Or Lavi?”
“What about them?” Lavi asked, walking up behind you both.  
“Oh, hey. Glad you could make it.” Riku said, hoping Lavi could help him interrogate you.
“Hmmm.” You greeted, still enthralled in the menu.

“Anyway, what about us?” Lavi asked.
“Nothing, just some med talk.” Riku said and Lavi gave him a look, but Riku just shook his head.
“Lavi, pick 1, 2, or 3.” You asked, closing the menu. Lavi blinked, not really understanding, but he answered anyway.
“2.”
“Kay, hot chocolate it is.” You nodded happily. Eenie menie miney moe had failed you, so you just decided to ask him. Lavi sighed, knowing that getting any information out of you would be hard…until athought struck him. “So,” He hooked an arm around you neck and bent down to your level, “Just how are you planning on paying for this hot chocolate?” Your eyes widened and you had an inner panic attack for a second. You were in your sweatpants, which had no pockets, so you left your wallet on the ship…which Ven crashed into the side of the mountain. “Ha-ha, gotchya.” He grinned, “tell you what, I’ll get you your drink if you—”
You then remembered you were wearing his jacket, and you quickly felt through the pockets. There was no wallet, but you did find 5 money, more than enough for your drink. “Well, would you look at that.” You interrupted him, waving the bill infront of his face. Riku’s eye twitched when he realized just how miserably Lavi’s plan had failed.

“Okay. Fine. You win. Well played, Strife.”

“I always win.” You shot back, fanning yourself with the money, just to rub it in his face.

“So, this one is on me. Just because you’re my patient right now. Don’t go getting the impression this will work every time.” “Just every time you slip up.” You rolled your eyes.

“I prefer to think that I just take very good care of my patients.”