Chapter 113

Your heavy eyes slowly drifted open to a very dark room, there were no lights on and outside the window was pitch black. The only sound you could hear was the rhythmic beep coming from the hear monitor. Everything was so heavy, you were on your side and felt like the half you were laying on was completely numb, not that the other half was much better; you had to struggle just to move your hand. It was elevated strangely, but not uncomfortably under the warm cozy blankets.  Since it was up at an incline, you managed to pull it back and felt, when you did get it to move, a sting around the front of your elbow, along with the uncomfortable pull from some tape. You could tell right away that I was a needle sticking you and you sighed uncomfortably at the thought. You were still in a great deal of pain despite not being able to feel anything below your waist. 

You tried to get back to sleep, closing your eyes, listening to the beep of the heart monitor, when a wave of panic hit you; you couldn’t feel anything below your waist! You tried again to move your legs, but absolutely nothing happened. The beeping got faster and that only worried you more. You must have stressed yourself out too much, because you lost consciousness a moment after your panic attack began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke a few minutes later, the beep had returned to a normal pace and you were much calmer now. But you could still hear your heartbeat in your head, as you were still nervous about how much use of your lower body you had left. Then you began to notice the beating you heard in your head didn’t match the beeping machine.  You tightened your grip on the sheet under your elevated hand, trying to listen to the inconsistency. Then you noticed that the sheet under that hand felt different from the one touching the arm you were laying on.

Since you were concentrating on your hand, you noticed that it was slowly and gently rising and falling. Someone was in the bed with you. You began to notice that there was a hand on your upper arm, and you weren’t on a pillow at all, but your head was resting on their chest, and that’s where the second heartbeat was coming from.

You struggled to push yourself up to see who was with you, propping yourself up on your elbow, trying to make out the boys face. You could tell it was a boy because your head was over his heart and there was no ‘padding’ there. His hand slipped off your arm when you sat up, and you thought that he might wake up after that, but no. You scanned the room for a light, but the only one you could see was on the nightstand on the other side of the bed. You tried to reach over for you, but with your arm being connected to the IV and the other one keeping you up, you couldn’t get to it. You let your arm drop in defeat, hitting him lightly in the diaphragm when you did.

He began to mumble in his sleep, but you couldn’t recognize his voice it was so muddled up form sleep.

“Hello?” You shook him gently. Nothing.

“Hello? You asked again, shaking a little bit harder.

“Wake up!” still nothing. “good lord…” you mumbled, reaching up toward his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wake up!” Ven’s eyes opened slightly, and he felt you sigh heavily, then your hand fumbled around in the darkness, he smiled slightly as it clumsily patted its way up his chest to his neck, your fingers traced his jawline, then grazed his cheek then—

“Ow!”

You plugged his nose. You had learned some time ago that plugging someone’s nose while they are sleeping(provided the are not breathing through their mouth) it would instantly wake them.