Chapter 128

MM box brought to you by Sora, trying to lighten the mood. Whenver you feel sad, just look at the dancing Sora. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stayed in the bathroom for a good while longer after Vanitas disappeared; trying to make sure you didn’t fall to pieces when you finally came out in front of people again. If Vanitas could be taken out tonight than maybe you might possibly feel just a tiny bit less like the worst person to have ever walked the face of the planet. You’d probably never be able to talk to Ven again, and you didn’t know how to deal with Riku/Roxas/Zack.

You groaned and grabbed the paper towel you had used to make sure your eyeliner and mascara weren’t smudging, and balled it up before throwing it violently against the mirror. You choked out a cry, and bent to a small crouch. You weren’t sure if it would just be best for you to go home or you should try to go back in there and make things right.

Was there anyone you could talk to? Renee…but then, you couldn’t really trust her right now…Ichigo wouldn’t want to hear about your boy troubles…then the rest of the boys you would normally go to were involved. Yeah…it was probably best for you to go home. If there was a fight going on between Vanitas and good-time traveler-Vanitas here at the school, maybe you’d be better off being away.

You sighed and stood up, dried your eyes one last time, then walked out into the hallway. You began to walk back towards the dance just to pass it by and continue into the auditorium lobby so you could get to the main entrance. That would be the way to get home quickest.

“≈≈≈≈≈≈?” Sora’s gentle voice called out to you from behind. He had just come out of the boy’s bathroom and saw you walking with your head down and a dejected aura. “Why so glum?” He asked, rushing to catch up with you.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” You said with the evenest tone you could manage.

He stopped, put a hand on your shoulder to stop you too, and then turned you to face him. He gave you a serious look and held up a stern finger, “I will sing your happy song if you don’t perk up. Don’t make me do it. You know I will.”

You cracked a smile at him, and the serious look dropped from his face and he beamed at you as he pulled you into a hug.

“Alright, fine. I’ll spare you. But only if you promise to keep the smile up.” He said, pulling back and pinching your cheek.

You laughed and slapped his hand away and he grinned and put an arm around your shoulder and began to walk again.

“So, what’s got you so down in the dumps anyway?” He asked lightly as the two of you got closer to the dance hall.

“I don’t know. I’m just wearing thin, I guess.”

“Oh no. Hey, I bet it’s probably from all that worrying you’re doing.” He teased you by sticking his pointer finger on your forehead between your eyebrows where the skin was scrunched from you pulling a sad face.

“That’s not even half of what it is.” You sighed, and he nudged you a little bit.

“You could tell me all of it, you know.”

 “I could. Or you could go back to the dance and I could go sort out my own problems.”

“≈≈≈≈≈≈ Marie Strife.” He stopped and got a very scolding tone, much like your mothers....only with a slight problem.

“That’s not my middle name.” (sorry if it actually is >.<)

“We’re friends. And you feel like shit. And friends don’t let friends feel like shit. Now, we’re gonna sit out here until you start talking.”