Chapter 137

Hey guys, I'm really sorry it's taken me to the middle of October to get this done, but then again at the same time I'm kinda not. Back in August, a very close friend of mine passed away, and I wasn't really in a place to write for a while. I hate for it to sound like I'm using his death as an excuse, so please under stand that I'm really not. I'm really not sorry for taking my time to come to terms with things happening in my life. The real problem here was that a few weeks after, school started again and I tried to keep myself focused on that to avoid thinking about too many things. 

Liz (AmorettiElle) said it best a few days ago to someone, saying something along the lines of, "I write when I get inspired by something, and not any time else. If I try and force it, it's terrible." Damn straight. If there's not idea of inspired thought behind the writing, it just goes around in circles of crappy dialogue and events. So I didn't try to force myself to write while recovering, because I knew there was no real thought behind it. Sometimes you have to sit a stare at a wall to get any kind of idea what you want to do in the next chapter, and let's just say whenever I treid to let my mind wander, it kept going back to sad things I'd rather not try to mix in with my story. 

tl;dr, I took my time with this one, sue me. xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 It was 4:00 am, and Ven was down in the cafeteria stirring some sugar into the double shot of coffee he had made for himself. This was probably the third coffee he had made since midnight, and he was starting to feel jittery from it…not exactly the awake and focused feeling he was hoping for. He had given up on trying to work on his lab experiments because at this point he was just making himself more stressed.  

“Hello, what’s this?” Someone said from behind him, startling him. His hands were already shaky from having too much caffeine, and being snuck up on caused his hand to tremor and some of his coffee to spill over the sides of the cups and scald his hand. 

“God damn it, ow!” He fumed, setting the cup down and shaking the flaming hot liquid off his hand. “What?” He seethed, turning around to glare at the guy behind him.

“I’m sorry jitterbug.” Vanitas shrugged with a smug look on his face. 

“Great. You. Just what I need right now.” Ven sighed, getting a napkin to wipe up the mess he had made and dry his hand and cup.

“Well that’s not offensive at all. Dick.” Vanitas scoffed, reaching passed him to get a cup of his own to make some coffee with.

“What are you doing here anyway?” Ven asked, wiping the bottom of his cup to prevent it from dripping or staining anything.

“That’s not a fair question. I always come down for my 4:00 am coffee. You’re the one intruding on my space.” He shrugged, filling his cup then taking a drink.

“You take your coffee black?”

“Like my soul.” He winked.

“You’re retarded, and I’m leaving.” Ven deadpanned and began to walk away, but Vanitas stopped him.

“No but seriously, why are you up? You look like ass.”

“I’m up for work. And you are an ass.”

“Clever. And we both know that’s not true. If you were working, you’d be on call in the clinic.”

“It’s a slow morning.”  Ven shrugged.   

“I see…”

“Why are you up?”

“I told you; I’m always up at 4:00. I’m a night person.”