Chapter 138

Yay, an update! Sorry about the wait....got wrapped up with the holidays, eating, and playing massive amounts of video games. My bad guys! I'd say it wont happen again, but come on...we both know me better than that. 

Anyway, here goes nothing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ven had fallen asleep at his desk, still not fully recovered from his some 60 hours of staying up, when suddenly everyone was pounding on his door. He jumped upright, and looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. He was in his room, the lights were off, and there was a paper stuck to his face. The pounding didn’t stop, and he sighed heavily as he took the paper off his face.

“What? What!? It’s my day off!” He called out groggily, standing up and stumbling around to get to the door. He tripped over the corner of his bed and fell down on it. He looked over and saw his phone a few inches from his face. It was around 5:30, so he had been asleep for around three hours, and he had 33 messages, 14 missed calls, and several voicemails.

“Open up, you’re needed!”

“But it’s my day off!” He was so exhausted that he resorted to whining like a child.

“Ventus, now!” It was Lulu, and she sounded worried. Or maybe pissed. Either way, she was not happy with him.

He got up and walked over to open the door, and came face to face with Lulu, Roxas, Riku, Sora, Reno, and Axel. “What?”

No one even explained anything to him; they just grabbed him by the shirt, and began dragging him towards the elevators. Lulu put his lab coat on him while stuffing him into the elevator, and everyone tried to get in after them, but Lulu turned around and stopped them.

“The last thing we need is a crowd in the ICU.”

“What? But…Come on!” Axel whined.

“I’m going to pretend you’re not up here, and you are going to shut your mouth. The rest of you will not disturb us. Watch the news to see how the situation is being handled. Reno, are the Turks covering it up?”

“Turk business is Turk—”

“Reno!”

“No. Rufus ShinRa gave the order to let things unfold.”

“Good.” Was all Lulu had time to say before the doors of the elevator closed.

“What’s going on? Why’s everyone so worked up?” Ven asked, rubbing his eyes and then fixing the collar of his lab coat. He was in his green oversized sleepy sweater, and some sweat pants and his socks, but he at least looked somewhat professional with the fancy white coat…and he was pretty sure he had shoes down in his clinic.

“This is why I don’t like you taking naps.” She shook her head, with a dead serious look on her face.

“I don’t take naps…I power…snooze.” He rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, still feeling groggy.

“I don’t care what you want to call it, just wake up. Something big has happened.”

“So big we couldn’t get someone who was actually working today to do it?” He grumbled, trying to fix the button of his lab coat so it would cover his jammies.

“See for yourself.” She nodded towards the glass back of the elevator, where he could see the inside of the ShinRa building, as well as the large windows where large pillars of ice covering Main Street could clearly be seen, even though they were on the other side of the large bridge connecting North and South Midgar.