Your Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Others Experience (Part 36)

The ship had just launched, and already you were sentenced to dish duty below deck in the galley. Silver was preparing for dinner, and he told you that the plates hadn’t been washed since the last journey this ship had taken, so they needed to be cleaned. You were a little upset that you would have to clean plates, see them get dirtied up, then clean them again, but Silver was adamant that it needed doing.

As much as your job sucked, it was better than  Demy and Jim’s jobs. Demyx was up scrubbing the deck on his hands and knees with a little scrub brush and a soapy bucket, and Jim was off polishing the metal rigs in the shrouds and then he was supposed to sandpaper the railing.

You had been at it for hours, listening to Silver sing and whistle, while Morph ‘helped’ you scrub by turning into a  rag and wiping them off when you were done...only he wasn’t very good at doing it by himself, so you either had to hold the plate while he ran around it, or you would risk him dropping and breaking it if he did it by himself, but you appreciated the help, nonetheless.

Finally, Silver let you have a break and said you could go up to the top deck for some air. You had only just gotten to the top step when you saw Jim pinned to the mast by the large spider like red alien. There was a crowed around them, like kids at a school fight.

“What’s going on?” You asked Zack, who was setting down a rather large looking crate a few feet away.

“That Jim kid just picked a fight with the wrong guy.” He responded,

“Well, we have to do something.” You began to walk away, but Zack grabbed you by the shoulder, “Like what? You’re just going to get yourself—” You slipped Zack’s grasp and ran over to the spider. “Into trouble…” He finished with a sigh  as you demanded the spider let go of Jim.

“Lookssss like the cabin vermin ssssssticksss toghther.” He hissed at you, dropping Jim and grabbing you with his claw by the front of your shirt.

“Funny, I'm being called vermin by an insect!” You shot back, trying to grab at his claw to keep your shirt from ripping. He slammed you into the mast, and brought one of his claws up to your throat, “Any lassst wordssss, cabin girl? He sneered.

You were about to say something when Zack yelled out, “≈≈≈≈! You shut your big mouth!” He knew you too well, as you were about to insult the lobster-spider. You struggled to find a foot hold to try to get away, when Sliver grabbed his free claw.

“Mr. Scroop,” He began, biting into a perp, “You ever see what happens to a fresh perp,” His grip tightened around Scroop’s arm, “when you squeeze, real hard?” And his mechanical arm clamped down on Scroop’s arm, making him cry out in pain and drop you, holding his sore claw. You hit the hard deck, landing on your knees. Scroop looked like he was about to bite Silver’s head off, when Mr. Arrow, and his assistant, Reno walked over.

“What’s all this then?” Arrow asked, and the men all lined up while Arrow paced by them. Reno dashed over to you, still on your knees. ”You okay?” he asked, pulling you up.

“Sure.” You responded, watching as Arrow spoke to the men.