Chapter 135

Wahoo! FInally! Back to where the other book left off. From here on out, the updates for this story will be exclusively here!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke in the morning to your cellphone alarm buzzing. Ichigo’s arm was still wrapped snuggly around you, though he hadn’t woke up yet. You sighed, wanting to stay snuggled up where it was comfortable and warm all day, but you had a mission to go on. You carefully slithered away from him without disturbing him too much, and walked into the bathroom and hopped into the shower to try and wake yourself up and get you alert and ready for the day.

Once again you found yourself comfortable and warm in the hot, steaming water, but once your hair was washed and conditioned, you didn’t really have any reason to be in there anymore. With a sigh, you turned the water off, and pulled a fluffy cotton towel around your body before flipping your hair into another towel and folding it on your head. You knew that you were going to a desert planet, so you decided to put on a little sunscreen mixed in with your lotion. You always wore a bit of makeup when going on missions. Just because you were a member of the military didn’t mean that you weren’t still a girl.

Once you had put on some light makeup, you let your hair down and brushed it out, taking great solace in a simple morning routine like this. Everything that happened yesterday was so crazy…it was nice to be able to take a few minutes and play with your hair and dabble with some makeup. You decided it would be best if your hair was just braided and out of the way, so you didn’t bother with the hairdryer, plus, the noise might have woken Ichigo up. Once that was sorted, you walked back out into your room and grabbed some clean undergarments and your Lyrium suit, and took everything into the bathroom so you could change in there on the off chance that Ichigo woke up.

After a few minutes, you were completely ready to go…but found yourself desperately wanting to get back in bed and forget about all of your responsibilities. You plopped down into bed, and sighed, and Ichigo sat up, rubbing his eyes.

“Hey, are you heading out?” 

“Yeah…I can get you to the ground if you don’t mind jumping out the window—”

“Tempting, but I think I’ll figure a way out of here with Riku and Roxas later.”

“Well, whatever you do, don’t ask Vanitas for help.”

“Why? Because you’re mad at him, so I have to be mad at him?”

“Yes.”

He scoffed, but before he could retort, there was a rhythmic knock at your door. “≈≈≈≈≈≈? Are you up yet, lovebug?” It was Zack. He was supposed to be joining you on this mission, so you supposed it made sense that he would be up looking for you. 

“Yeah. Hang on a sec.” You called out to him, looking back over at Ichigo. “Last chance to go by window.” You offered him an easy way out of the tower again, but he didn’t seem interested.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll sleep a little more, then find my own way out. You go ahead on your mission. Try not to blow anything up, set anything on fire, or lose any fingers.”

“Least not my own.” You grinned at him, and he shoved you a little. “Bye Ichi. I’ll see you in a few days.” You pulled him into a hug to say goodbye.

“Take care of yourself.” He said, giving you a squeeze.

“Always do.” You said as you pulled away, then walked over to the door, opening it up to reveal Zack standing there in full SOLDIER uniform.

“Morning,” He greeted as you stepped out of your room. 

“Good morning. Are you all set to go?” You asked, turning to shut and lock your door.