Your Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Others Experience (Part 37)

Sorry about the spacing, I have no idea what's going on with it.

Everyone had finished with their dinner hours ago, but you were just finally finishing getting all of the crew members dishes wiped up and clean. It was your job to wash and dry them, and you had convinced Jim to help you put them away. You thought you were finally, finally, done for the day when Silver revealed that he had other plans for you.

“Get up there and sweep the deck.”

“But the deck work is Demy’s job!” You fussed.

Demy’" He mocked your nickname for him, " has gone ta bed. Now sweep.” He thrust a broom into your hands and you sighed.

“Alright fine. Come on, Morph.” Morph turned into a little dustpan for you and thanked him as you set off to work.

“How can it be so dirty? Demyx just scrubbed it!” you fussed at the massive pile of dirt you dumped over the edge of the boat.

“Oh, sorry, that was probably me.” Axel apologized, he was leaning over the banister on the upper deck, looking down at you with an apologetic frown. His pants were black, so you couldn’t see how dirty they were, but his red shirt was now all but black form all the coal stains, and his arms were covered with black splotches, and his tan shoveling gloves were all but black now.

“You look like you’ve had a rough day.” You said, sweeping up some bits of hair caught in a greenish jello like substance. You grimaced as you saw it, not letting Morph touch it.

“Let me help you with that.” Axel offered and he picked it up and chucked it overboard, his thick gloves keeping his hands clean, and he picked up a stray spoon that was on the ground covered in the same green goop.

You thanked him and wrapped the spoon up in your dishtowel, the stuck it back in your apron.

“Well, I am going for a shower….if there is one…” He sighed, taking the gloves off and offering to let you use them while you cleaned.

“I’ll wash them and give ‘em back in the morning.” You said slipping them on, “I can wash your shirt too, you know.” You said and he held the fabric away from his skin as he examined it.

“Okay, sounds great.” He mused, pulling it over his head.

“I didn’t mean now!” You fussed, looking at the ground to avoid staring at his muscles. He chuckled and set the shirt on a nearby barrel, and then took off for the cabins. You watched the trail of coal dust he was leaving behind him, then Reno popped up beside you.

“It’s not nice to stare.”

“I wasn’t, look at the—”

“Spare me the details.” He held up and hand to stop you with a smirk.

“Did you need something?” You sighed irritably.

“No, I was just wondering why you were out so late. It’s past your bedtime.”

You laughed, walking over to Axel’s shirt and threw it down the laundry chute.

“Are you going to throw me in the brig if I don’t go soon?” You asked, thinking about how much fun you were going to have washing Axel and Gippal’s shirts; Gippal was about ten times worse than Axel, you suspected he dirtied himself up on purpose, because there was no way he could become so thoroughly drenched in oil and dirt without trying to.

“No, but I still wanna know why you’re up. You’re not apart of the night crew, so what are you doing?”

“Silver is working me to the bone.” You sighed.