Chapter 134

MM box brought to you by Ven getting annoyed at Vanitas for always smoking around him and Amelia xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“≈≈≈≈≈≈…” Someone with a strange, monotone voice was calling out for you, their voice getting louder. “≈≈≈≈≈≈.”

You had no idea where the voice was coming from, and had no sense of where you were either. It looked like you were below the plate of Midgar City, in the slums. There were some very shabby looking people around, most of them on the ground, sitting on slabs of cardboard with their backs against the walls. They all had a sickly look to them too, many of them groaning, and swaying feverishly, and too many of them trying to sop up gray sludge running down their arms and foreheads. It was a disease you knew all too well…these people had the stigma.

“≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.”

You turned around and were face to face with the strange girl with blue-green hair and electric green eyes.

“Yuel…” you mumbled, surprised to see her. She would appear to you a few times every couple of months, but seeing her was probably never going to stop being surprising and strange for you. 

“I need your help.” Her tone was as flat as ever, no hit of worry or urgency, but if she was showing herself to you, then that meant that she must have been pretty desperate.

“With what?” You asked, trying to urge her to tell you what it was she needed. You didn’t like the way that she always had to make things so vague and mysterious. 

“I need my voice to be heard again.” She was the seeress, so that could only mean one thing. 

“You’ve seen a new prophecy?”

“I have.” She looked at the ground. “I need a way to tell the worlds…I need you.”

“Why don’t you just show yourself in one of the World Courts, or the Senate?”

“I need to remain hidden. I need you to be my voice to the masses.”

“But…No one would listen to me.” You argued, and she closed her eyes.

“Not yet. But they will soon. Forgive me.” She began glowing almost, and reached forward and put her hand on the center of your abdomen, in the middle of your ribs. She locked eyes with yours, then she disappeared altogether, leaving you alone in the slums with the sick and dying. You suddenly felt very cold and alone. You put your hand on your ribs where she had touched you, and you looked around for any sign of an explanation. This was such a forsaken place, hidden from sight of the people living in blissful ignorance above the plate. You decided that you would maybe bring Ven down here one day, and see if he could help some of these people. They needed it more than ShinRa.

Your eyes opened, and you realized that it had all been a dream. As soon as you realized this, your eyes got heavy and you felt like you were dazed, and should just go right back to sleep. You rolled over and snuggled into the warm blankets, taking in a deep breath. There was a sweet, but masculine scent that filled your nostrils as you shifted. It was nice smelling, clean, elegant, and maybe a bit leathery. You wondered if maybe Vanitas left one of his leather jackets in your chair or something, after dousing it with his cologne, but this was different. You snuggled in closer, enjoying the warmth and comfort.

Something came around to your shoulder, and pulled you closer to the left side of the bed. You realized that it was someone’s hand, their fingers still warped around your upper arm, and they had pulled you over to their chest, where you rested your head in the crook of their arm. You were so comfortable that you didn’t immediately realize what was wrong with this picture. Your heart began to speed up, realizing that there was someone in your bed with you. Worse than that, you were…cuddling him. 
As if on cue, a clicking noise was made, and then a flash of light scared you into jumping upright. Your eyes snapped open, finally out of the haze your dream of Yuel had left you in. You saw Vanitas standing at the foot of your bed with his phone out in his hand, and realized that he had taken a picture.