Chapter 112

“Um, sorry, but can I dance with≈≈≈≈? I only have a little bit of time before they want me back in the booth.” Demyx asked sheepishly while twiddling his thumbs together and glancing at the floor.

“Uh-huh. Just what kind of dance are you looking for?” Basch asked before letting you go. Demyx seemed taken aback, and even more nervous now.

“I, um, just one song—“

”And where are your hands going?”

“Uh…shoulders?” You couldn’t help but laugh as Demyx turned redder and redder.

“You get a hand. A hand. If I see two hands on this girl—“

“Mr. S! Lay off!” Yuffie hopped in, spoiling your fun. She cut in to your dace with Basch, replacing herself in your spot as she kicked you out and you went with Demyx.

He lead you off to a far corner of the dance floor, far from Basch’s eye, but still leading you along with only one hand.

“Demy, where have you been? I haven’t seen you around.” You said as you put one of his tentative hands on your side, and kept the other in your hand.

“Oh, I’ve been up in the DJ booth, Cloud recommended that they commission me to play music all night. The other guy is covering for me right now, it was my only chance to get out…I thought I would see if I could get a dance in.”

“Well I’m happy you did.” Your eye caught on Reno and Axel, who were both conspiring over in the corner while pointing at you. “Some people are being quite obnoxious here.” Axel took a ship of his punch, then nodded at Reno. They were up to something, to be sure.

“Anyway, how are you doing? I heard the testing facility wasn’t exactly a four star hotel.”

“I am much more worried about how this nights going to turn out.” You sighed, seeing the redheads begin to make there way over.

“Why? What’s up?” he asked looking over his shoulder where you were glaring.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.” You said, pulling him back into the sea of other dancers, trying to lose the redheads.

“Why are you making that face?” He laughed, as your eyebrow began twitching as Axel spotted you.

“I’m not making any faces, this is how I always look.” You tried to dive deeper into the crowd.

“You know, that face looks much better with a smile. Can I at least see a little one?” He pulled you closer then pushed you back and spun you. As the music picked up and you were able to dance more, you began to lose your fear of the impending twin doom, and even found yourself laughing and having fun.

“Ah-ha, there it is. See? Who would have thought you could get even more stunning?” You laughed at how cheesy he was being, but thanked him nonetheless. As the song continued you had almost forgotten, when a pair of warm hands landed on your hips from behind, pulling you away. You were lifted into the air, your carrier then turned and set you down. Before you could turn to see who it was, his arms wrapped around you from behind and pulled you into his chest.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” There was no mistaking it, it was one of the twins. As a pair of smooth warm lips landed on your exposed shoulder.

“Eh!!” You squirmed away, your face completely flushed. He let you get maybe a step away before turning you back to face him and pulling you back. You saw now that it was Axel.

“You….heh, would you look at that, I’m actually speechless.” He smirked, hooking an arm around your back and pulling you closer.

“What are you doing there are people everywhere!” You put your hand up on his chest trying to push him back to an appropriate distance.