Chapter 105

Aqua was sitting in between the two medical beds on the large gummi shop that lulu had taken to get to the world that never was. She was sitting facing Ven, who was completely unconscious. Riku was on his side, facing away from her, sleeping peacefully.

Aqua had tried every sort of healing spell she could think of. Black mage was her forte, but she did know quite a bit about healing, yet none if it was working. She had given up on trying to heal him, and was now sitting sadly beside him, gently stroking his hair. After she gave up on healing him, she figured that the only thing she could do was try and comfort him in some way.

It had been a long time since they had been friends, and despite his slight aversion for her and Terra, she still saw him as a little brother and wanted to help him in anyway she could.

She had closed her eyes and was resting for a second when Ven twitched. Her eyes opened and she stood up. He seemed to tremor, as though he was seeing something in a terrible dream.

“Ven….just wake up.” She said taking his hand in hers and holding it up to her forehead. As she lifted his left hand she saw the checkered wristband he wore. She smiled to herself and said lightly, “Still taking care of baby brother, even after all of this.” Knowing that he used the wristband to help him regulate the stigma levels in Roxas.

She sighed. He was such a powerful mage. He could take care of his brother from worlds away, but he couldn’t wake himself up. She then noticed there was a faint glow coming from under his wristband. She pulled it down ands saw that his stigma markings were glowing. They would get bright and he would shake, then calm down and he would settle, then finally, it lit up and she jumped a little as he breathed out a word. “No.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“No…NO!” Ichigo yelled, jumping up from his hiding spot as he saw the small figure of girl falling from the top of the structure in the center of the large room. His breath caught in his throat and he watched the shoe that had fallen before you hit the ground. There was no way you would survive the fall. As he looked back up to you he tried to think of what to do, his heart skipping beats pumping sporadically. Things seemed to slow down. The goons around the room all turned to look at him, and began to charge him. That didn’t matter though. All he could see was your small frame free falling, eyes closed, and plummeting head first for the ground.

He saw a large cable near him that connected to the center pillar. He decided then and there that he was not going to sit back and watch this. He pulled the sword off his back and cut the cable, then grabbed it as it began to fall, sticking the sword on his back, and went swinging along with it. He was early, and passed the spot where you were falling by a good ten seconds. He used all his weight to push the cable forward, and it began to wrap around the center pillar. As he was coming back around to where you were, he realized he was just a bit too late now. He loosened his grip and slid down the cable, giving his left hand a terrible burn on his hand from the cord. It stung, but he clenched his jaw and sucked it up as he extended an arm. You were falling headfirst and he was a little bit late, it was all he could do to grab onto your leg. It wasn’t graceful and he slipped even farther down the cable, stinging his hand even more, but he had you, and in his mind, that’s all the mattered. When he grabbed you, there was a miserable whiplash as he pulled you in the opposite direction, and he said a quite ‘sorry,’ but then looked down and saw that you weren’t conscious

As he looked down on your face for the first time, he was so distracted by the pain, dirt, and tearstains to notice that the cable was snapping. The cable broke and Ichigo let go of it, knowing there was nothing more it could do for him. Now that you were both falling, gravity allowed for him to pull on your leg up so he could get a hold of your torso. He pulled you into his chest and prepared for impact as you hit the bars to the cover of a large vent that ran vertically through the floor, and began to fall down into the depths of the castle’s ventilation system. This particular vent must have been the central ventilation shaft or something because it was much, much bigger than the ones you were accustom to.