Your FF/KH/Others Experience (Part 79)

You were sitting against Lavi, leaning on the cold rock wall inside the cave (*hole-in-the-wall*) you had made to escape the cold. You two were the only ones conscious of the five of you. Allen, Roxas, and Ven were all huddled close together by the fire, all of them out cold. You were trying to keep the fire going strong, but with your right hand still badly injured, it was proving hard to do. That and you were getting so tired. The chill was getting to you, and you just wanted rest.

“≈≈≈≈, I can handle that. You should sleep.” Lavi said, seeing your exhaustion.

“But the fire…” You near whispered, your voice a stiff and cold as he rest of you.

“What do you take me for?” He asked with a light chuckle as he held his hand out. The fire jumped to life with a new energy and warmth, sending you some much-needed heat.

It was getting dark outside, and with the night came the unrelenting cold. It was, you guessed, around -10 degrees outside, and only slightly better than that inside your cave. At least, you thought, you didn’t have to deal with the wind. You still didn’t have a jacket, or even long sleeves. Lavi had his jacket draped over the two of you like a blanket, and you moved Allen’s large overcoat over himself and Ven after Lavi assured you that Roxas would be fine. If it had been any other person trying to convince you, you wouldn’t have believed it, and if you were talking about any other person, you wouldn’t have even thought about leaving him in the cold. But, Lavi was right; there is little chill that can affect an ice elemental.

You were still hesitant to sleep, knowing that you wouldn’t want to be left as the only one conscious if you were in Lavi’s position. He noticed this and nudged you.
“I’ll make you a deal, I’ll let you sleep for, let’s say, 3 hours, then I’ll wake you up and we can switch shifts. Sound good?”

“Fine.” You agreed, leaning your head against his shoulder. You realized that you hadn’t known him for very long, but you still trusted him with your life. It was strange to be pushed up so close against a stranger, but the cold didn’t leave much room for formalities. You were already pushed close together, trying to keep as warm as possible. You were hugging around his waist, your legs over his lap, and he had his scarf over the exposed skin on your arms (he was smart enough to wear a long sleeve shirt, at least), and he held you close with one arm, while his other hand rested on his knee as it tended the fire.

After a while, you were fast asleep, as comfortable as you could possibly be in a situation like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, ≈≈≈≈, it’s morning. You have to get up.” Lavi said softly, gently squeezing you awake. Your brain began to function on the word ‘morning.’

“You were supposed to wake me up.” You said, rubbing your eyes. Even through your sleep hazed eyes, you could tell it was light out again.

“I forgot.” He replied simply.

“No you didn’t…” You mumbled, looking over at the three sleeping boys; not one of them had moved so much as an inch.

“You’re right. But anyway, I’m going to go take a look around. Stay with them.” He said, and you moved away from him, giving him back his jacket and letting him go. After he left the cave, you crawled over to check on everyone. They were all still breathing, and Roxas wasn’t so much as shivering. You thought you would try to wake Ven up again.

“Please…” you begged quietly, shaking him lightly. After getting no response, you decided that you would try to do some white magic for once. After all, how hard could it be? Sora could do it. You closed your eyes and put a hand on his arm, letting loose a soft charge of magic. It came out in the form of soft lightning, causing all the hairs on his arms to stick up from the static. You didn’t know anything about white magic, so you were just trying to keep things soft and comforting.