Chapter 132

Some time after the funerals had ended, you found yourself back home, staring at a mostly empty suitcase on your bed. You had already packed up some of your favorite books, some bathroom stuff, and essential clothing like socks and underwear, some good pairs of jeans and your favorite shirts. You would need a laptop, your phone, the chargers to both, and maybe a Gameboy or something to entertain yourself. You were at a loss as to what you would need to pack. They would probably provide you with stuff, but you couldn’t be sure about anything. You decided your favorite pillow and blanket would be going with you, and that was all you could think of for now.  
There was a tap on your window, and you looked up and saw Riku there, looking at the suitcase with an alarmed expression. You made your way over to the window, but at the sight of the suitcase he let himself in.

“That’s not…it can’t be…≈≈≈≈≈≈≈, no.” He knew what it was the second he saw your saddened face.

“I’m sorry.” Was the only thing you could think of to say. You knew the feeling of being told someone had made up their mind about leaving for ShinRa, you wanted to punch Ven when he told you, but Riku didn’t look mad at all.

“What did he say to you to change your mind?” Riku asked, referring to Tseng.

“He didn’t have to say anything. Today just did it in for me…I’m responsible for filling a cemetery, and I don’t want to see anyone hurt for me again.” 

He sighed and you sat down on your bed with your head down, afraid he might judge you for being so weak and choosing to run away.

“Are you mad at me?” You asked after he stayed silent for a few tense moments.

“No. I guess, in the long run, I knew that this would happen. I just hoped it might take a little longer than this.”

“What does it matter if it’s today or in a month? It’s going to happen eventually.”

He paused for another long moment and then looked at your suitcase, “Do you want me to go with you?”

“You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.”

“I don’t want you to be alone…but I also don’t want to go.” He sighed and sat down next to you and chuckled a little, “Well…shit…” he flopped backwards onto the bed and put his hands behind his head. “Maybe you’re right. It’s not like they won’t take me away eventually. And besides, I don’t want Tseng hanging around me forever.”

“So you’ll come too?”

He shrugged, “Can’t let you take on ShinRa without me.” He sat up and gave you his signature smirk, “Come on, it’ll be fun. And if it’s not, we can burn the whole place down.”

Despite your numbing depression, you found yourself smiling. “Let’s fuck shit up.”

He nodded in agreement, “Let’s fuck shit up.” He looked over at your suit case and picked up a pair of fuzzy socks, “Really? You’re going to be living in the military headquarters of the ShinRa Corporation, and you bring fuzzy blue socks?”

You took the socks, whacked him with them and then threw them back into the suitcase, “They’re a necessity. Jackass.”

He laughed, then a thought seemed to hit him, and his smile dampened, “What do we tell our parents?”

“Tseng said he’d take care of it....”

“Do you really think it’s a good idea to let the Turk tell them?” He asked, knowing that they were a less than sympathetic group of people.

“Probably not, but I don’t have the heart to tell my mother I’m leaving her again.”

“The way I see it, we’d be going to college soon anyway. What’s so bad about leaving a year early? Besides, they should understand our circumstances.”