Chapter 104

You had just left Ven alone and possibly dead in a prison cell as Hojo returned to check for whatever the large disturbance was that rattled the castle a few minutes ago. Hojo was barking orders around at his goons, and you were standing a good ways away, hiding behind a wall, trying to listen in. He was fussing about the vent cap that was on the ground, he knew that someone was sneaking about, but from what you heard, it sounded like he suspected Hope more then you. That didn’t matter; they were still looking for you. But this did reassure you that Hope was still on the move.

You couldn’t be sure about Riku, though. He was off on his own, but he was in terrible shape. You didn’t have to wonder about him for very long, as Hojo began to laugh and opened a cell door, and said “Throw him inside, I knew he wouldn’t last long. He will be dead soon, just as this one.” You assumed he meant Ven. You wished you could poke your head around to see what was going on, but there was too much risk in that. As the cell door slammed shut Hojo laughed, saying something about two down, two to go, then a goon stammered on about the disturbances again. It was clear that the goons, whatever they were, had very little concept of speech, and this just enraged Hojo, as he couldn’t interact well with them. He finally just shouted some orders at them and they began to run about.

 You heard some coming your way, so you took off again. You found a set of stairs, and ran up them. You didn’t know where you were going, but moving forward was the only plan you had right now, so you did. You came across a big, clubfooted goon with a surgeons mask covering his face a few floors above you. You panicked when you saw him, and tripping over the step you were on. You face planted and bit your tongue pretty badly, and had the wonderful taste of blood in your mouth. Luckily the goon seemed distracted by something else, and ran off, not even noticing that you were there. You pushed off the floor and got to your feet, rubbing your jaw.  You spat and tried to get all the blood out, but you were wasting time, so you decided to take it like a man and keep going, occasionally spitting out the blood that filled your mouth.

 You ran up and up and up, the stairs that never seemed to end but you stopped when you heard someone fighting and yelling. You figured it was Hope, but you didn't stick around to find out. You wouldnt be able to help him if it was, you would just get the two of you caught. “No.” you whispered. It was all over now. Everyone was gone, and you wouldn’t last much longer. You decided that you wouldn’t go down easily, as you wiped the blood from your mouth one last time before taking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“Okay if we’re going to do this, we need a plan—”

“They don’t have a plan, look Ichigo just took off!” Gippal interrupted Zack as they saw Ichigo running into the castle.

“Now that’s how you do a rescue, just run in guns a’ blazing!” Axel smirked as he cracked his knuckles.

“That’s how you get yourself killed.”  Roxas said.

“Roxalbee is right. We need to plan this thing out. That’s a big ass castle, I say we split up and take floors. Roxas and Sora will take the bottom levels, Reno and Axel, you two should take the top, and you and I,” he referred to Gippal, ”will take the middle.”

 “Sounds good.” Gippalgrinned.

“Everyone’s got their phone on them, or at least one per group?” they all nodded. “Alright, then let’s do it.”