Chapter 103

Just a few minutes after Hope left, you were becoming uneasy and restless, but Riku had fallen asleep on the bed in the corner od the room. You decided to poke your head out and look around the hallway. It wouldn’t make sense to try to go after Hope since you didn’t know what way he went, and even if you did find him, there was a slim chance of your being able to get back to the room Riku was in. You were going to have to stay put for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zack was piloting his ship blind. If it weren’t for the tracking beacon he stuck on Noctis’ ship he was sure to be lost. It was just too dark to see anything. That didn’t make much sense to him, because he was out in the space between world, no matter the world, they all shared the same sky. It was always at least a little bit light out when flying in the open space, the stars and suns were a source of light no matter the time of day or night…But it seemed like the ship had reached the end everything. He hadn’t seen a star or world for hours. It was just darkness. He could faintly make out the ship that was a few miles ahead of him, but all he could really see was the light flashing from its wings. Sighing, he turned his back to look at the others in the ship, just to feel like he wasn’t alone in the darkness.

Roxas was sitting in the chair behind Zack to the left, one leg was up in the chair, and he was resting his head on it. Zack couldn’t tell if he was asleep of just resting, but he had a distressed air about him. Sora was rummaging through the snack stash Gippal brought, and Gippal was sitting to Zack’s right, gazing out ahead at the nothingness.

When Gippal noticed Zack looking around, he spoke up, “I don’t know where we are going but it does not look good.“

“Could you be more pessimistic?” Sora asked, plopping down by his brother, “We already knew it wasn’t going to be pretty.” He said opening a can of peanuts.

“I’m just saying we should be ready for anything, it looks ominous enough and we are not even there yet…”

“Shut up, we’ll be fine.” Zack said giving Gippal a sideways glance and a cocky grin that he knew would calm Gippal’s nerves. All he had to do was keep everyone around him in high spirits, and acting calm and in control was his best method of doing this despite the pit in his stomach and heart beat in his throat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ichigo was standing up, leaning against the wall of the gummi ship, looking out the back window at the far off ship that was following them. He had developed a kind of routine to pass the time, he would lean on the far wall and look behind the ship, pace for a few minutes, then go to the front of the ship to look out ahead, then pace, and look out the back again. Prompto was piloting the ship, smiling and humming while bobbing his head, as though he didn’t have a care in the world. His oblivious and happy nature pissed Ichigo off like no other. Even Noctis seemed to be in a tense state, he noted, as he looked at the dark figure of the boy leaning against the wall staring out into nothingness. Though he really didn’t want to have anything to do with either of the two he was traveling with, he didn’t really have a choice. The guys that were in the ship following had no idea where they were going, probably had no plan, and were going to be charging blind into a danger zone. No, he decided it was best to be with the guys who at least kind of knew what they were up against.

He sighed and sat down next to Prompto. “Something on your mind?” Prompto asked. Ichigo just shot him a quick glance.

“A lot.” He said finally. Prompto just shrugged and laughed a little to himself.