Your Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Others Experience (Part 16)

Gotta love filler....

You had just made it back to your locked when you glanced at the clock. There was still five minutes left until the next class began(F**k continuity. F**K IT!), and you opened your locker door and saw that sitting on the top shelf of your locker was a book that wasn’t there before.

It didn’t have a title, or anything on the front, it was just a small book bound in leather. You took it out and opened it up and found a note written in fancy cursive, and it said ‘≈≈≈≈≈, glc ephl bess.’

“Whaaaat?” you asked no one in particular. You closed your locker and slid down the door to sit on the floor. You got a little bit frustrated as you saw that the whole thing was written in a different language.

You let out a sigh and Roxas looked over.

“whatcha reading?” he inquired, plopping down beside you. You were so focused on the book that you didn’t even notice him until he was sitting there. He took the book from your hand and he looked it over.

“Uhh…you know where’s no name right?”

“Yeah, I know, and look.” You said showing him the page where the writing started. “it’s not even in English.” You fussed.

He looked it over for a minute, “it’s in Al Bhed.”

“Can you read it?”

“Well, kinda. Riku and I spent a whole afternoon a few months back and figured it all out, so I can make it out well enough, but he might be better at it.”

“or Gippal.” You added.

“Good point, you should defiantly ask him over us, being that it is his native language…” Roxas reasoned out as you flipped through the pages.

“Ooo! There are pictures!” you sang happily. “That much I can read!” you said merrily, looking at the drawings of flames, lightning, waves and shwishes you guessed were meant to be wind.

“Let me see that.” Roxas said taking it and turning it to a random page. “the….ba..sic, ah basic, t-h-u-n-der spell is d…done with the same…uh…energy as the fi-fi…oh, fire element.”

“You sure you got this Roxy?” you said, and he laughed, handing the book back to you, saying, “ask Gippal.”

“We don’t need him.” you said, opening your locker and pulling out the slip of paper Riku had given you.

“Is that my magnet?” Roxas fussed as you shut your locker door quickly then returned to you seat beside him. You gradually got better with time at decoding it, (me too….let me tell you, it’s a headache…) “focusing your energy is key for any spell.” By now you had gotten out a pencil and were writing the words in English underneath. “For fire, you must concentrate all the energy to your hand, then turn it from your nature energy into a flame.” You read allowed once you had decoded it.

“Sounds hard.” He said. “For ice, you must do the same, only concentrate on turning the energy raw and cold. The transformation of energy comes from using an elemental thought process. By concentrating your energy source to from the shape and being of the element you are attempting, the energy will take shape into an elemental magic source. To make fire, your thoughts must be fire, intense and strong.” You finished.

“Coolie.” Roxas commented.

“Sounds easy enough.” You said shutting your eyes, thinking about trying something. You put your and palm up on your knee and began to concentrate on making a flame. You didn’t know what that ‘focus your energy’ mumbo jumbo meant, but you figured that if you thought about fire, it should make a fire.

It came pretty naturally to you, you thought as you opened your eyes and saw a little flame hovering over your hand. You didn’t really know how you did it, but it felt so natural to you.

“That is absolutely amazing.” Roxas said, watching the flame dance around in the wind. Someone dropped a book nearby and you jumped you lost control over the little flame, and it sparked into one much bigger, and began to envelop your hand. This just made you even more panicked, you jumped up to your knees and saw that the flame was running down your arm, Roxas also moved, looking at the fire with a strange intensity you had never seen before. He reached out for you flaming hand and you shut your eyes, breathing out “no, don’t” through clenched teeth. If you burned of hurt him while doing something so stupid, you would never forgive yourself.

Just a moment later you felt an extreme cool rush up your arm. You opened your eyes and looked first at him, to make sure he was okay, and you saw him staring wide eyed and your arm. You looked down and your jaw dropped too.

Your arm was layered in a thin sheet of ice, and Roxas pulled his blue and frozen looking hand off your arm.

“Let’s not do that in school again, yeah?” he sighed, breathing deeply. You let the hand that was encased in ice up to your elbow drop and you leaned forward and crashed your head into his chest.

“Thanks for that.” You said, still in disbelief.

“Lucky, lucky.” Was all he said and he patted you on the back. You pulled away and noticed that his cheeks were slightly pink, but you were more concerned about your icy arm.

“Hey guys what's going on?” Axel said, (rather conveniently) walked over to you both.

“Just some bad practice.” Roxas said with a nervous chuckle.

“In love?” He cooed.

“No!”

“No, Magic.”

“Ohh, element-y stuff. My area of expertise, I myself am a fire…uh, ≈≈≈≈, what happened to your arm?” he asked, finally noticing.

“Well I guess that I’m a fire type too, Roxas had to put me out.” you smiled to cover your embarrassment, clanking your frozen knuckles on the ground.

“Let me guess, you set yourself on fire?”

“How’d you know?”

He laughed, “been there done that.” He took your arm and held it between his two hands, and you felt your arm begin to heat up.

“The trick is to not let the fire touch you, always keep it above you, floating, it wont burn you, at least your own flames wont…but they will travel over you and burn everything around you.”

“Nice tip.” Roxas mumbled, rubbing his still blue hand.

“I’m guessing you are the ice princess?” Axel asked, pointing to his hand. Roxas hit him lightly but said, “yeah, I didn’t know what else to do.” Axel nodded and smiled.

“All this on your first try? You guys are going to be something after some training.” Axel had melted enough of the ice on your arm that you could move it around, and he went on to Roxas, trying to help with his blue fingers.

“≈≈≈≈, another little trick for you; you can gather up all the energy you want into your hand, and then not release it, and it will superheat your hands. Try it.”

“Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. I’m not doing anything fire related any time soon.” Axel looked at you sideways, “Come on, I’m right here, no way anything will get out of control when I’m here.”

“He is the queen of fire...” Roxas added. Axel glared at him as you closed your eyes, trying to focus. You began to feel your hands warming up, Then you opened your eyes and saw that Axel was holding Roxas’ hand in yours, the both of you trying to get his hand back to a normal color. When it finally was, axel sighed, “See? No harm no foul.” It was strange, but at the moment he seemed…nice…rather than his normal flirtations self.

“Well, we should get going, the bells about to ring.” Axel said, getting to his feet.

“You guys have class together?” Roxas asked, handing you back the book, which you then stuffed into your backpack after placing Riku’s alphabet key in it as a bookmark.

“I guess we do.”