Chapter 4

Tris POV
Caleb comes back into the room and he has files and stacks of papers in his arms. "Caleb." I say. He doesn't look up from his work. "Caleb." I say a little louder. Still nothing. "CALEB!" I yell and he drops his papers on the tile floor. "What bea what?!" He asks bending down to pick the papers up. "When can I leave? I need to see tobias." I say. He picks up the final paper and sets it all down on a desk in the corner. "You can leave today, but I'll have to drive you back." I nod and thank him.

He leads me to his car and I strap in. He begins to drive, I play with my fingers. I'm nervous about seeing tobias. What if he hates me? What if he's moved on? What if he doesn't love me anymore??

"Tris." Caleb says snapping me out of those thoughts. "Yes?" I ask. "So tobias and your friends have gone back to the dauntless compound with all the other dauntless. He should be at his apartment, he barely leaves. Last time I visited him he was still pretty shaken up about it, and mad at me." He shows me a scar on his elbow that tobias left. Tobias still misses me, the thought of him makes me warm.

We pull up to dauntless compound and he parks. "I'll see you later bea." He says. "Thanks caleb." I say and get out of the car. I choose instead of going into dauntless the easy way to go up and jump. I get up to the familiar ledge and look down. I take a deep breathe and jump. The same swirling wind whirls around me and I land in the net. I wish tobias was here to pull me out, just feel him hold me. I get out and start walking to his apartment. I see his door and I walk up to it.

With one swift movement, I knock.