Chapter 42

Tris POV
I wake up and rub my eyes, I don't have the sudden urge to throw up so I'm good. I get out of bed and put a pair of black sweatpants on with a purple tank top. I grab one of Tobias's sweatshirts and put it over it. I pull my hair into a messy bun and go walk out, I spot tobias and luca on the couch in the living room. "Evening sleeping beauty!" Tobias whispers loud enough for me to hear him. Lucas asleep, curled up in his lap.

"Evening?" I ask. "It's 5:40." He replies. My eyes go wide. "I slept that long?!" I exclaim. Tobias chuckles. "Yep. You were very tired. Or just trying to avoid us." He says joking the last part. "Sleeping." I say kissing him lightly. "Do you-" tobias gets cut off by a knock on the door. I go over and open it up.

"Hey tris!" Marlene says. She seems perky but I feel she's hiding something, or is bothered by something. "Hey Marlene. Everything okay?" I ask. "Hmm? What? Me? Yeah.. Yes! I'm fine!" She says quickly and laughs weirdly at the end. "Okay... What brings you by?" I ask. "I was wondering if uriah and I could take luca for the night??" She asks. She's fiddling with her fingers and chewing the inside of her lip. "Um. Let me ask four." I say and let her in.

"Hey." I say walking over to him, luca must've went to his room. "Can Marlene and uriah take luca for the night??" I ask. "Sure. Why though?" He asks. I shrug. "Marlene, you can take him, just let me get him ready." I say and she nods. I walk into Luca's room and he's playing with his toys. "Hey bud. Guess what?" I say kneeling down to his level. "What?" He asks in his adorable voice. "You're going to have a sleepover at uncle uriah's and aunt Marlene!" I say. His smile grows, he loves uriah almost as much as he loves zeke. And he loves Marlene's hugs, she always rocks him back and forth when she does, luca seems to enjoy it.

"Ok! Pack your pajamas and any toys you want to bring." I say. He grabs his small suitcase and starts to put things into it. I walk back out and see Marlene and tobias talking. "I texted uriah and he's so excited!" She says. I smile and hear the sound of squeaking wheels. I turn and see luca pulling his suitcase. "Weady!" He says smiling. I go over and hug him and Marlene comes and picks him up. "I'll drop him off in the morning!" She says and they leave.

"Just you and me." I say making my way to Tobias's lap. "Yep. Just you and me." He says with a smirk.