Chapter 86

Tobias POV
It's January now, and the snow's really falling, Which makes dauntless a hell lot colder. Tris is about four months pregnant now and so far it's been pretty good. She hasn't had morning sickness lately which is good for her, and she's not as tired as she will be once the baby gets bigger.

"You ready?" I yell to Tris. We're heading back to our baby doctor today. I wanted to be able to see out baby girl on screen for myself and Tris totally understood.

"Almost." She says and I hear the frustration in her voice. I get off the couch and walk into the bedroom. She's standing in front of the mirror struggling to zip her pants. "Thy don't fit." She huffs.

"Of course they don't. You're pregnant." I tell her and she gives me the 'really?' look.

"Just put something different on." I say sitting on the edge of the bed. "Like what?? If these don't fit, than none of my others will." She tells me, still trying to zip them.

"How about a dress?" "In winter? For a doctor's appointment?" Tris says. "Fine. How about sweatpants, they don't have a zipper." I tell her. She sighs.

"Fine." "What's wrong with sweatpants?" I ask as she walks over to the closet.

"It looks like I put no effort what so ever in my outfit." "Did you?" I ask joking but am hit with a shoe instead of getting an answer.

"I'm going to wait in the living room before I get a concussion." I tell her. "Great idea." Tris says with a scowl on her face. I laugh, kissing her cheek before leaving.

Tris comes out about ten minutes later, dressed and ready. Her bump is visible now but isn't huge yet.

****

We get to the doctor's and I have her take a seat while I sign in. I have to sign some things and check boxes, but soon we're called back by the nurse.

"How are we today?" The nurse asks holding the door open for us.

"Good." I answer, Tris stays quiet.

"How's mommy doing?" The nurse asks making Tris take a seat on the bed.

"Irritable." Tris answers truthfully. The nurse laughs and gets the computer set up.

"So you two already know the gender correct?" She asks getting the gel ready.

"Yes. I surprised Four by telling him on Christmas." Tris says and the nurse smiles, just like I do.

"Alright, it'll be cold." She warns and starts rubbing it on Tris's stomach. I move closer to both Tris and the screen, able to get a better look at both.

"Okay, here you can see the legs." The nurse says pointing out all the details. What's on the screen doesn't even seem real.. but it is.

"And her head." She says and even though I can't see her clearly I know in my heart that that's our baby.

We lost our first one. But maybe that was some sort of sign to us, letting us know that that wasn't our child. That our baby, our dear baby girl was waiting to be conceived later on. And now that I can see her on screen, I know that that's exactly what it meant.

(A/N: Hey all! This chapter was short and was pretty bad. I won't sugar coat that. I was having trouble and it didn't turn out well. So I apologize.)