Chapter 41

Tobias POV
I wake up the next morning to the sound of thunder and puking. I rub the sleep from my eyes and get out of the comfy bed. I go to the closet and grab a black sweatshirt and pull it over my head. I wake over to the bathroom and open the closed door. "You okay baby?" I ask tris. She's leaning over the toilet, her messy hair in a ponytail. I can see the sweat beads building on her forehead. "Yeah. I'm sure it's a bug." She says. It does make sense, Zeke was telling me that there were a lot of people out sick lately.

"Do you need anything?" I ask now kneeling beside her rubbing her back. "No. Wait! Some ginger ale." She says. I nod and walk out of the room, and into the kitchen. I hear laughter and see a cartoon show on the tv and a smiling luca. "Morning buddy!" I say and he turns around. "Morning." His cute five year old voice. "You want something to eat?" I ask him grabbing a can of ginger ale from the fridge. "Yes pwease." He says. I can't get over how cute he is! God I sound like a girl!

"Ok. I'm gonna give this to mommy and I'll come back and make something okay?" I say. His attentions already back to his colorful show. It's storming outside and you can see the striking lighting outside the window and how the rain splatters against the window pane. I go back into the bathroom and tris is laying on the floor and looks half asleep. "Love lets get you back in bed." I say and she mumbles something I can't make out. I set the glass down on the dresser in the bedroom. I go back and pick tris up bridal style. I know she's asleep again but she's smiling. Her dream must be good.

I put her in the bed and pull the covers up. "Sleep tight sweetheart." I say kissing her forehead. I turn the lights off and close the bedroom door. I make my way back the the kitchen and get out a couple pans to start cooking. Luca comes in and hops onto the counter. He kicks his legs back and forth and has a smile plastered on his face. "Let's get cookin!" I say to him and he laughs.