Chapter 23

Tris POV
"When should we tell evelyn?" I ask tobias when we get back to his apartment. "By tonight at least." He says taking his shoes off. "Okay." I say entering the kitchen to grab some water. "Are you okay?" I ask sensing somethings in his mind. He shrugs. "Tell me." I push. "Fine. It's the whole uriah thing, I know I know he's not mad at me but it still feels weird to know I "killed" him and now he's here." Tobias says and I see the paining truth in his eyes. "I know how you feel. I killed will and now he's here." I say walking towards him. "I guess it's just something we'll have to get used to. "Yea your right." He says and I laugh. "Someone getting soft on me?" I say poking his stomach. He laughs and wraps me in his arms. "No way! I'm still tough as nails!" He says and I smile at the memory.

"Where is luca going to sleep?" I ask realizing we never discussed his living situation. "I have a small guest room that should be big enough for him." He says. "It's already painted and refurnished, and It's barely been used." He says and I nod. "Okay." I tell him and I walk into the bedroom.

I plop down on the bed. "Can't believe we're going to be parents!" I say trying out the words on my mouth. "Yea. Parents." He says. I can tell he's thinking about something else but I decide not to push it. "Isn't it just a little weird how our old "dead" friends just keep popping up everywhere?" Tobias asks. "Or is it just me?" He adds.

"No. It's weird. But it's nice too you know, getting everyone back." I tell him honestly. He nods. "I think I'm going to take a nap before we visit evelyn. Want to join me?" Tobias asks facing me. His eyes brighten up the room and his smell is intoxicating. "Yes!" I say with a smirk. He wraps his arms around me as if he were fencing me. He kisses my temple and I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

Resurgent~ Back againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें