Chapter 85

Tobias POV
"Baby, wake up." I hear my sweetheart whisper in my ear. As much as I want to flip over to look at her, and smile seeing her beautiful face. I'm too damn tired.

"Honey, come on. It's Christmas." She whispers, her breath tickling my neck.

I don't move or answer so I expect her to say something else, but instead she starts peppering my bare back with kisses. When she starts to trace my tattoos with her fingers that throws me over the edge.

I flip over and in the process flipping her over too, placing me on top of her. She laughs as I hover above her, "Now I know how to wake you." She says and I kiss her, fully on the lips.

She kisses back instantly and she wraps her arms around my neck. She pulls back, "Sorry to break it to you, but I'm already pregnant." Tris says and I laugh.

"Merry Christmas Darling." I whisper and she kisses me again. I get off her and she sits up.

"Where are you going?" I ask as she swiftly gets out of bed. "Taking a shower. And I thought that my husband might join me, but he's slow this morning so--" I'm up and out of bed before she can finish.

She laughs and we walk into the bathroom together.

****
You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch,

You're a nasty wasty skunk,

Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mr. Grinch,

The three words that best describe you are as follows, and I quote,

"Stink, stank, stunk"!

"That's like your song." Tris says as she's dancing around the tree.

"How so?" I ask, I'm siting on the couch watching her.

"Because you're a grumpy person." She states, walking over and straddling me.

"They actually called him a mean one." I correct her. "Well, to some people you may be." She says and I laugh.

"Did you think I was scary when you met me?" I ask, pushing a strand of hair out of her eyes and behind her ear.

"No. Just mysterious, and interesting." I smirk. "Did I intimidate you?" I question.

"Just a tad." She admits and leans in for a kiss.

Santa baby, just slip a sable under the tree for me;

Been an awful good girl, Santa baby

and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue

I'll wait up for you dear, Santa baby

and hurry down the chimney tonight

Tris pulls back and looks at me before saying, "Dance with me." She's dead serious, the look on her face says that.

"You know I'm not a huge dancer." "Yeah, yeah. Count it as my present." Tris says dragging me off of the couch.

I bring her close and snake my arms around her waist as she holds tightly to my neck. Snuggling her head in the crook of it.

Santa honey, there's one thing I really do need,

the deed - To a platinum mine, Santa baby

so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, I'm filling my stocking with the duplex, and checks

Sign your 'X' on the line, Santa cutie,

and hurry down the chimney tonight

"See, it isn't that bad." Tris whispers, biting at my earlobe lightly. I laugh and kiss her forehead, doing so placing a smile on her face too.

Come and trim my Christmas tree

With some decorations bought at Tiffany;

I really do believe in you

Let's see if you believe in me

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring

I don't mean a phone, Santa baby,

so hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry tonight

"When do I get my present?" Tris asks as we sit back down, Her legs spread across my lap.

"That was your present." I joke. "Let me get it." I say and grab the small box from under the tree.

"Open it." I say handing it to her. She slowly opens the navy velvet box and her mouth drops when she sees inside.

"Tobias!" She exclaims. It's a silver necklace with a four and six charm. "It's beautiful." She says. I kiss her lightly, but pull back. "There's more." I say and she looks at me.

She lifts the little pillow that the necklace came on, and finds the bracelet. "For the new edition." I say. It's a silver bracelet saying 4+6=10.

"I love it." Tris says, tears glossing her eyes.

"And speaking of new edition... it's time for your present." Tris says looking at me.

"What?" I ask.

"I know that we were going to go together, but I wanted to surprise you and when I found out it's even more of a surprise for you." She rambles.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"It's a girl. Tobias, you're getting your little girl." Tris says and I can't breathe right.

All things stop and I place my face in my hand, leaning my elbows on my knees. I feel Tris place a hand on my back, but the only thing I can focus on is the rush of tears coming from my eyes.

I lift my head back up and Tris wipes my tears. "A girl." I whisper.

"I knew you'd be happy." Tris says and I nod. "Yeah, I'm just still in shock." I say honestly.

"Merry Christmas Tobias." Tris says and I'd say it back but I'm too busy kissing her.

That night I dream of my baby girl... That I know we're having.