Chapter 35

Tobias POV
I walk back into his room and he's in bed with his lion, I close his door and go sit on the edge of his bed. He just watches me, as if he's observing me. "Hey." I say. "I'm sorry for yelling. I didn't mean to." I say and he nods. "I'm just having a real bad week and my anger just came out." I try to explain. Then he scoots toward me just a bit, and he hands me his lion. I chuckle a little and start to smile. I take luca and lift him onto my lap.

"Why did you create such a mess there?" I ask. He opens his small mouth to speak, "Dream." He says. "A bad dream?" I ask and he nods. "About mommy." He says and I feel a ping of pain. "Oh." Is all I manage to say. "She left me.. Really left me. I had no one." He says and feel this time a wave of pain and now guilt. "You'll never be alone luca, not anymore." I say. He looks up at me, "You have us. Tris.. And you have me." I say and he smiles.

What he does next surprises me, he kisses my nose. But the feeling I get, is more shocking. It's something I've never experienced before, even with tris. I smile and he looks back to his lion but leans back in my chest. I wrap my masculine arms around his small fragile body and I can fell him laugh. I use my left hand and start to tickle his side, he giggles more. Now I use both hands to tickle both sides, he's laughing historically and I can't help but laugh too. "Love you buddy." I say and kiss his head.

We get up and walk out to the living room where tris is relaxing. I pull luca aside so she can't see us. "Okay here's the plan, you climb on her and start tickling. Then I'll come in and tickle her! Got it?" I ask an he nods while smiling. He goes and gets on her, "hey luca." She says and he starts tickling her. I can hear her laughter and I go in and the laughs elevate when I tickle her. God I love her.