Chapter 39

Tris POV
Tobias should be home from work soon and I promised luca that we'd all go to navy pier. He keeps going on about it and as its cute it's also annoying. "Luca, did you change your clothes yet?" I ask. I laid out clothes for him to wear out on his bed. I hear noises from his room and go see what it is. "What are you doing??" I ask him. His shirt is on backwards and his plants are inside out. "Did you just get dressed?" I ask smiling. He shrugs. "Come on let me help you." I say and fix his clothes.

"Tris!?" I hear someone call out. Tobias. "In Luca's room." I shout back. Luca Velcro's his shoes and runs out. "Hey there buddy." I hear tobias say. I clean up a couple things in Luca's room and head out to join them. "I'm ready for the pier, all I have to do is change my shirt." He says. I nod and head into the kitchen. I'm craving strawberries. I get the bowl out and start eating one after another.

Tobias comes out shortly wearing different jeans and a new shirt. He has a sweatshirt in his hand too. "Ready?" He asks. Luca smiles and walk over and takes his hand. I nod and put the bowl back in the fridge. We head out and lock the door, we get in the train and for some reason I'm more exhausted than normal. "You okay?" Tobias asks putting a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah.. Just tired." I say. He gives me an odd look but soon looks away.

We near the pier and jump off. "The ferris wheel! The Ferris wheel!" Luca says giggling. It's adorable. "You want to go on?" I ask him. He nods his head and I look at tobias. "Ill watch you guys. You can wave to me from the very top!" Tobias tells Luca. I kiss his cheek and take Luca's hand, he runs along with me holding on. We sit down in the cart and it starts up. Luca observes the sky and world below us. "Luca look! Look how small he looks!" I say pointing out. He laughs and waves at tobias. I think I see tobias waves back but it's hard to see.

It slows and we get off. "I saw you I saw you!" Luca says running into Tobias's arms. I smile, this is something I love seeing. Tobias's love, shown not only to me but to others like Luca. Tobias is big and tough, classic dauntless. But underneath all that, is a warm loving heart.