Epilogue

"What shoes do you want to wear?" I hear Tobias say. I'm in the kitchen eating the spoons of peanut butter I've been craving. Yes. I'm pregnant again... this time with a little baby boy.

"Bue." I hear my adorable three year old girl say.

She looked so much like Tobias as a baby but now, she's a replica of him- and I'm not complaining.

"Ready to go babe?" Tobias asks walking into the kitchen, dressed in his black jacket and Mira wearing a smaller version of one.

Oddly, I'm not the one who dresses Mira the most. Tobias is the one that loves picking out her clothes and dressing her.

"Yes." "How's he doing?" Tobias asks setting Mira down and resting a hand on my six month baby bump.

"He's fine. Kicking like crazy." "Like a true dauntless." Tobias comments making me smile.

*****

"Mira put your brother down!" I say trying to make dinner and keep an eye on my five year old daughter and two year old son. Tobias still being at work.

"He likes it." Mira reasons. "I'm sure he does, but you're going to drop him. Put Isaiah down." I say and she does as I take the pan out of the oven.

Isaiah was born on December 14th at 2:40 in the morning. He came right as the first snow started to fall. Tobias chose the name, the name meaning 'Salvation of the Lord'. Isaiah was small when he was born, not a premature baby but he had some health problems at the beginning.

He's doing better now- being two years old- but still has braces on his legs and is slower than other kids. But Tobias has never lost faith in him and that I admire- Sometimes envy even.

He says that Isaiah's going to be the toughest and bravest little dauntless warrior the faction's ever seen. That always make me smile.

Mira likes to take after her daddy in the dauntless way but she's still a girl at heart- dolls, glitter, nail polish, sparkles.

Isaiah has a small punching bag in his room that Tobias hung up and likes to go to the training room with him when he goes.

We all love him so much, and for him... that's all he's ever wanted. Was to be loved.

******

"Do you even know this boy?" Tobias asks, continuing to interrogate our daughter. She's fifteen now, her choosing ceremony next year.

We already know she's divergent, we had tori- who we were able to bring back- test her ahead of time. She got what Tobias's were- dauntless and abnegation. She's picking dauntless no doubt.

"Yes. He's in my faction history class and my locker neighbor in school." She says stabbing the meat on her plate with her fork.

Isaiah's thirteen now and looks more like me than Tobias but has the tough exterior and quiet interior like Tobias though.

We had a third child a few years ago, a girl. She's four and her name's Evelyn. You'd think that Tobias would've chosen that name... but no. It was me.

I picked the name because when I held her in my arms on the mid-July evening, all I saw was Evelyn. She looked so much like her and the name Evelyn means life. This was a way she was back with us, and especially with Tobias- the one who needed her most.

We had gone through a miscarriage the year before we had Evelyn. It hurt bad, and it not only damaged me but took something from Tobias.

And having Evelyn, brought a sense of life back to Tobias. A life he needed again.