Chapter 73

Tris POV
We got Luca back an hour ago and Tobias has been hanging out with him in his room. I don't even think he realizes how much a father he truly is. I know he doesn't. Luca loves him, and Tobias loves Luca. It's simple but there's so much depth to it.

I hear the phone ring so I run to the kitchen to answer it, since Tobias left the phone on the counter.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Tris Prior?" The voice asks.

"Yes, who is this?" I ask a bit leery.

"There's a package for you at your door." The man says, now that I can distinguish the voice into male form.

"Alright. Thank you." I say confused at the point of the call.

I hang up and then walk towards the front door, I open it and am met by two large arms wrapping around my body and a hand covering my mouth. I squirm trying to get away, but the grasp is too tight.

His hand slips as I bite his finger and I scream loud. "TOBIAS!" The hand covers my mouth again and I'm being picked up and dragged away from the apartment.

"Tris!" I hear his voice. He heard me. "Tris!" I see him. He's running towards me until a man in black hits him in the head with some metal object. He falls on the floor, knocked out. I scream, but it's muffled by the mans hand and soon I'm knocked out as well.

****
"What did I say?" I hear a woman's voice. "I wanted them awake." She says again and my eyes slowly open. Everything's blurry at first as my eyes adjust but then I see her. In a light blue dress, with matching heels. Her blond hair tied up into a tight bun, and in her arms is a electronic device. Jeanine.

"Tobias." I moan, remembering that he was knocked out too.

"He's fine. Just recovering in his cell." Jeanine say and her voice is cold but calm.

"Let me see him." I say trying to sit up but I can't. I'm strapped down, leather straps holding my arms, and legs in place.

"Patience Beatrice, you'll see him soon enough. But don't you want to say hello to me, I mean we must have some catching to do." She says with her evil smirk.

"How are you here? You're dead." I say.

"Correction, was dead." She says and walks towards me.

"How?"

She smiles, "You can never fully know your own blood can you?" Jeanine says with a fake sigh.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, my mind still on Tobias but now I need to know what she means.

"You can think you know your own family, know what they feel and what they'll do. But the truth of the matter is, you don't." She says and taps something on her device.

It must've activated the metal door that open to my right. And the man who stands there, is my blood. Caleb. Dressed in erudite blue, walks in and over to Jeanine.

"You! You brought her back!" I scream at him.

"She had things that needed to be finished and things she wanted to accomplish." Caleb explains, as Jeanine sands there smirking.

"You bastard." I scream and he's a bit taken back by not only my language but my outburst. He must've forgotten that we dauntless do this a lot.

"Take her to her cell, we'll start it up in the morning." Jeanine says and guards unstrap me.

"But she may want to see Tobias Eaton first." She says and walks away. The guards hold onto my arms tightly and we walk the bright lit hallways, soon I can't even remember where we started.

We come to a glass holding cell that you can see all that's going on inside. But when I see who's in there, I die inside. Tobias.

He's strapped to a chair just as I was, but has wires connected to his head. There's a screen which I can't see but others in there can. I see syringes lined up on a cart and some that are already used.

"Let me in there." I say, my voice cracking due to the tears wanting to poor out.

"Tobias!" I scream but he can't hear me. But what I do see is that he's trembling, violently at that. I have to turn away, not able to take this anymore. We begin to walk again, but once we're past the glass cell that hold him I hear his screams.

His screams of bloody murder fill my head and I want to scream myself. We get to a metal cell and I'm thrown in, and left alone.

******
Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days.

There's not clock, to way to tell time in here. It reminds me of when I turned myself in here at erudite, the wait.

The door suddenly opens and two guards bring a man who is slumping back, and bleeding. His eyes are bloodshot and having trouble keeping them open.

The men bring him in and set him on the cot in the corner, and I'm surprised by this small act of kindness. They could have just thrown him on the floor and left.

I walk over to him once the guards are gone, and see it's Tobias. "Tobias." I whisper. He groans, and tries to open his eyes but is having trouble.

"Tobias. It's okay." I tell him and finally his blue eyes appear, except now they're tired and over used. You can almost see the pain and fear in them that he had to endure.

"Tris." He whispers back to me. "I'm here."

"You're okay." He says surprised to see me. But I know they must've injected him with some sort of serum to cause fear or nightmares.

"How are you?" I ask. And he's more aware now, and sitting up. "Hurts." He mumbles but slide a thumb across my cheek. Sending a feeling through me, that I've missed in the time I've been in here alone.

"Jeanine is back." I say.

"Yeah, she payed a visit to me too." He says.

"Caleb brought her back." I tell him and his face contorts with anger.

"Bastard." He mumbles.

"That's what I said." I say, "I'm sorry." I tell him.

"About what?"

"If I hadn't been brought back, none of this would've happened. He wouldn't have made the serum to bring me back then used it on her." I explain.

"Tris, don't apologize for that. Because I'm so overly thankful that he brought you back." Tobias tell me and I smile small.

"We'll make it through. We're dauntless remember?" Tobias says and I take a seat next to him.

"We're divergent." I correct him, "Yes we are." And he kisses the top of my head.