Chapter 55

Tris POV
I wake up and spread my arms to feel Tobias's side empty. I sit up and as soon as I do, Tobias walks out of the bathroom, steam pooling out, he walks out with only a black towel wrapped around his waist. "Morning sunshine." He says walking to the closet. "Hi." I say.

"Did you sleep okay after your nightmare?" He asks facing me, shirt and pants in hand. "Yeah." I sigh. "That was convincing." He says sarcastically. "I'm going to change and then we'll talk." He says. He goes back into the bathroom an shuts the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

He comes out maybe two minutes later, and sits next to me on the bed. He's dressed in his usual, black. "So.. How did you sleep?" He asks. His voice is dripping with concern. "Alright after I woke up and had that nightmare." I say. He nods for me to continue. "Well, its still in my mind though." I say. Tobias places a hand on my thigh. "Tell me about it." He says.

"It was of everyone I.. All the people who I.." I can't bring myself to say it. I can feel myself breaking again. "Who died?" Tobias asks and I nod. "Al, will, Marlene, my father and my mother." I say close to tears. "They all had holes or marks and they all had blood. Cold expressions except for my mother." I say remembering the warmness she gave off.

"And they were talking to me. Accusing me, yelling at me." I tell him. "For causing there death?" He asks. There's something in his voice that I can't decipher. I nod. He sighs. "Did I ever tell you that I used to have nightmares, like that?" He asks. "About me?" I ask.

"No. My dreams of you were much worse." He says remembering the pain. "No. About Uriah." He says. And it hits me, the understanding of what he went through. I slip my fingers in between his and look up at him. His face is blank, I know he still feels bad even though he's forgiven and it's all in the past.

"He forgave you though." I tell him. "I know. I know he did, but it still.." He shakes his head. "When I didn't have you, I didn't have him either. And I still blamed myself for his death. I was alone, with all different sorts of pain." He says. I know he wasn't really alone, but he felt inside like he was. "I know. And I'm sorry." I tell him. "So I know a little of what you're going through." He says. I nod.

He comes in and kisses me, soft and slow, full of love. I pull back and rest my forehead against his, "I love you. And I'm not going to let you get anymore nightmares." Tobias whispers. His words calm me and make me feel safe, everything about Tobias makes me feel safe. "I love you." I whisper back. He smiles and we kiss again.