Chapter 80

Tobias POV
I meet Tris outside, on the grass in front of Erudite Headquarters. She runs out and instead of stopping she runs right into my open arms.

I hold her tightly, knowing she needs that right now. She's strong and brave, but I know that the grief will kick in soon. And something inside her will crumble, if it hasn't already.

She pulls back but I don't let her go too far from me. "What now?" She asks looking up at me.

This feeling I've had before, the feeling of not knowing what to do next when you were just in chaos. I felt this way when I lost Tris, everything went back to normal, except it was far from it. Tris wasn't there, but now she is.

"Why do you look happy?" Tris asks with a speck of anger in her voice. "I'm not happy per say." I try to say.

"It's just that.. the last time I felt the 'what do we do now' kind of feeling, it was after I lost you." I explain, and I watch her face soften. "And now it's like that again, but you're here. So I guess that's why I don't look... As destroyed as I should be." I tell her and she returns to my arms.

"Let's go home." I whisper into her hair. She nods and we walk home.

****
"We'll have to clean it out." I tell her, as we stand in fresh clothes, in the doorway of Luca's room.

I hear Tris sigh and reluctantly nod. "Yeah." She breathes out, and walks away. I catch the last glimpse of her before she goes into our bedroom, then I look back into Luca's room. It's a small room but already has memories planted.

I have to walk out myself, overwhelmed with the memory I have of watching him pass. I walk into the bedroom and Tris is in bed, Leaning against the headboard.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask her, she doesn't respond so I take that as my answer. "What's bothering you?" I ask taking a seat on the bed, down by her feet.

"You're gonna leave me." Tris mumbles. "What?" I ask shocked by what I heard.

"You're going to leave me." She says louder and looks up at me, tear streaked face.

"Why would I do that?" I ask.

"Because I can't give you a family." Her words are like shots to my heart.

"Tris, I'm not leaving you. I'm never going to." I say. "No matter what, I'll never abandon you." I tell her.

"I can't have a baby though-" I cut her off. "Get up." I say. "What?"

"Get up." I repeat, standing myself. She gets up, with a confused look on her face.

"Come on." I say walking out of the room, I hear her grab shoes and follow me. "Where are we going?" Tris asks.

"Doctor." I reply, and she stops. "No. No baby doctor." "It's a fertility doctor, and yes." I say and push the last of her foot into her shoe and lead her out.

******
"What brings you here today?" The doctor asks coming in.

Tris's arms are crossed and she's looking away. I hear her mumble my name, so I just answer. "We were told that there was a slim chance that we'd be able to have a baby, we'd like to check that again." I tell him.

"Alright." He says, "Tris. We'll need some blood." He says to her and that makes her look to him.

"Why?" "The nurse will explain it to you if you'd like." He says and Tris leaves, pissed off, with a nurse.

"Sir, I'll need yo-" "Yeah, I know." I say cutting him off and taking the small cup.

(Skipping this part... didn't really want to write that out.)

I'm still waiting for Tris, and she soon walks back out. "You okay?" I ask and she nods.

We go back into the doctor's office and he's looking over the test results.(since it's in the future I'm making it so that they can get the results faster.) "Please, have a seat." The doctor says.

I look at Tris, and I know she's not mad anymore. I think she's nervous now, actually wanting to know.

"Well, I have some good news. Great news actually." He says and I'm even more nervous now.

"Wh-What is it?" Tris asks and she grabs my hand from under the table, I give it a small squeeze.

"Whoever told you that you could not produce, that information must've been given to you awhile ago, or incorrectly." He starts.

"Because Ms. Prior.. It seems you're pregnant." And my eyes widen.