Chapter 52

Tris POV
I'm in the bedroom when I hear Tobias and luca come back in, I'm assuming. Luca runs into the bedroom and jumps up onto our bed, smiling at me. I'm a bit confused, if Tobias told him what I thought he was going to tell him, then this expression is a bit off.

"Hey bud." I say ruffling his hair. "Daddy said my mommy told you guys to be my mommy and daddy." He says. "Yeah, she did." I say sitting down and pulling him onto my lap. "She went with an angwel." He says. Tobias told him his mother went with an angel. "Well, yes. In a way. Why don't you go play with those brand new toys that Aunt Shauna and Uncle Zeke got you." I say. He nods and goes into his room.

I walk into the kitchen where I find Tobias, "Bedroom now." I say walking back in there with my arms crossed. He comes in and I lock the door. "Well I like the look of this." He says smirking. "This isn't that, nor is it even close to that." I say not in the mood. "How could you tell him that?" I ask. He sighs. "You told him that she went away with an angel?!?" I exclaim.

"Tris. It's partially true." He says. I roll my eyes. "But tris, how do you tell a five year old that his mother died, and how are you supposed to when she's your own mother!?" He exclaims trying to keep his voice low. "I had to tell him that, if you want to tell him that his mother, who he has nightmares about loosing her, is dead. Then go ahead." He says. "But you get to watch him crumble. Not me." He says.

He does have a point, he had to sugarcoat it, for a five year old. I can't let him go through that on today of all days. "Fine. I'm sorry." I say. "I guess that was the best way to tell him." I admit. He smirks. "Aww!" He says smiling now. He comes over and takes me into a big hug. He kisses the top of my head. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I say. "Why don't we go to dinner with everyone." I say. "Sounds good." He replies.