Chapter 38

Tris POV
I wake up in the morning on the couch, tobias is on the floor under a blanket with luca snuggled in his arms. Credits are rolling on the tv and there's popcorn spilled on the floor. There's a grumble in my stomach and it's not for hunger. I get up and run to the bathroom, luckily I make it. I throw up twice and it takes me a minute to catch my breath. I hear a knock on the door and it opens. Tobias stands there shirtless and in his grey sweatpants. "Hey. You okay?" He asks. "Yea." I say and throw up again. Tobias pull my hair into a terrible ponytail, but I won't tell him that since he tried. He rubs my back and I slouch back.

I feel stable enough so I get up and brush my teeth. "You sick?" He asks. "I don't know." I say. "Must've eaten something." I say and he nods. He walks over to me and kisses my forehead. "Well you certainly don't have a fever." He says with a smirk. "You just wanted an excuse to kiss my forehead didn't you??" I ask and he chuckles. "Maybe." He says. "I'm going to get Luca's bath ready." I say and I go to the bathroom closest to Luca's room. I run the water, it's a mix of cold and warm. I lay out some clothes for him on the bed and tobias comes in with luca. "Hey bud!" I say taking him from tobias. Tobias goes to shower. "Ready for bath time?" I ask and he nods. I walk him in and help him unbutton his shirt.

I leave him and go clean up the living room, I take the movie out and add it to the pile of movie we watched yesterday. I clean up the popcorn and apparently one of us spilled soda too, I scrub that and fix the pillows. "Wow! Looks spotless!" Tobias says walking out. He's still drying his hair with a towel. "I'll make breakfast. You go shower." He says. I thank him and go grab clothes for today. A red tank top and black yoga pants.

I strip and let's the warm water run down me, I don't feel nauseous anymore which is good but a little odd. I shampoo and hear giggles from the kitchen. Luca must be out, I love seeing tobias with him. He's good with kids. He's great with them! I just wish he could see that more, could see that he's no where near his father. I finish conditioning and step out. I wrap a black color towel around my bare body. Soon im dry and I change, blow dry my hair and straighten it. Add minimal make up and walk out. "There she is!" Tobias exclaims. I can feel they're hiding something and the evidence is on Luca's face.

"I think you forgot one small detail." I say walking over to luca. I wipe some chocolate frosting off his face. He giggles and tobias face palms himself. "Sneaky. But not sneaky enough." I say and kiss tobias. "Here." He says handing me a piece of cake. "Thank you." I say and take a bite. "I have a shift in the control room today." Tobias says and luca goes over to play with some of his toys. "Oh okay." I say rinsing my plate. "It's only like 4 hours." He says wrapping his arms around me from behind. "I think I'll survive." I say and he laughs. "I love you." He says and kisses my temple. "Love you too." I say and turn around to kiss him full on the lips.

"Eww!" We hear luca exclaim. "Whys this eww?" I ask. "Cooties!" "Daddy has cooties??" I ask and he nods. I laugh and watch Tobias's face. "I think mommy has cooties." He whispers in my ear. I slap his chest. "I thought you had work?" I ask. He laughs and goes to get his shoes on.