Chapter 94

Short chapter and not my best...Read the author's note at the end though...

Tobias POV
"Tobias" I hear a scream that I recognize as Tris's. I'm running down the dark yet lit up hallways of Dauntless. Trying to find the origin of the scream.

I run past the chasm and I hear a different scream. I run that way and who I see makes me halt.

"Mom." I breathe out, she's hanging over chasm.

"Tobias." She screams. I run over reaching for her arm to pull her up, but she drops. Right out of my hands like she did at the hospital. In no situation am I able to save her.

I stand back up feeling the pain and tears but leave, wanting to find Tris.

"Tris!" I yell. "Tobias!" Her voice echoes in my ears and off the rocks I pass.

I hear crying as I pass one of the testing rooms, they haven't been used in a few months so I don't know who could be in there.

I open the door and Luca's strapped down in the chair, crying and shaking like he was at Erudite.

"Shhh." I say softly as I walk to his side.

I hold his hand and crouch to his side. His head turns to face me, with tears rolling down his face and his eyes holding so much pain.

"It's okay." I say and kiss his temple as I feel him slip too.

I can't protect any part of my mother, not keeping any memory.

I leave the room before I break and run to find Tris. Just to make sure that she's safe and to hold her.

"Tobias!"

I get to the apartment and I don't hear anything but the crying of a baby. My baby daughter.

"Mira." I say walking into her room. I go to her crib, picking her up and holding her small body against my chest.

"It's okay. Daddy's here." I whisper into her ear. But then I think, do I have her?? How can I be sure that I can keep her safe. There's no one I keep protected and unharmed, how can I keep her safe?

"Tobias??"

"Tobias!"

"Tobias!!! Wake up!"

I jerk awake and arms wrap around me, filling me with warmth and new sense of safety. "Tris." I whisper, maybe not even a whisper.

"Was it a nightmare?" Tris asks as we lay back down.

"Yeah. I had to loose people all over again." I tell her. I normally don't tell her every detail but tonight I do.

"I had those once. They're awful." Tris comments.

I kiss her head and she snuggles closer to me- if that's even possible.

"No more nightmares, okay?" She asks rubbing my cheek.

I nod. "Tobias..." She says, making me sigh.

"Okay. I love you." I say and she kisses me lightly.

"I love you too Tobias." She says back.

And just as sleeps taking me I hear her. "I'm never leaving you. I'll love you and be here with you... Always."

A/N: Hey all! So I'm thinking two chapter left for this story... and one will be the epilogue. Wow, I just wrote that! It seems like this story was just being started... and now it's close to the end. I wanted your input though, on what you might want to see in the final chapter before the epilogue. So comment or private message me! I'm actually really excited to write the epilogue and my first ever epilogue!! Thanks!