Chapter 74

Warning: You may become very angry with me.. But just remember to have trust!

Tobias POV
I'm waken up by the clanking of metal, the metal of our cell. Two guards appear in front of me and I sit up. They motion for me to get up, and I do so. Tris is still asleep but apparently they don't need her right now.

I take one last look a there before the think door blocks my view of her. We walk in silence, the hallways echoing the noises of our footsteps. I'm lead into a room and strapped down into the same chair as yesterday, with the leather straps to keep me in place.

They leave, I can't see much since I'm laying down. The door opens again and I hear the clicking of heels on the floor. They grow louder as they come to me. I see her navy heels and navy dress. I look over to see Jeanine standing at the side of the cold table I lay on.

"Good Morning Tobias." She says as she taps something on her device.

"What do you want with Tris?" I ask her sternly.

"You should be more concerned about what I'll do to you." She tells me. "Hurt me, not her." I say to her.

She laughs, "That's the great thing Mr. Eaton, I can hurt both of you at the same time." Jeanine says smirking.

"Hook it up!" She yells to people on the other side of the glass, and the click of her heels get further away.

All is silent for a moment, normally it would bring me comfort but instead it brings me fear.

My mind is cleared by a shock in my mid back, making me scream. It's as if someone impaled me with a metal pole lit on fire. I shut my eyes to shut the tears that want to flow now, the pain getting to me.

It's something I've never experienced before and it's hell. It's worse than hell, at least in hell you're already dead. Here I'm still alive.

My mind filled with the fog the pain's brought me, not able to focus on anything but the searing pain in my back.

"Tobias!" I hear a scream and I know right away it's Tris. I open my eyes, even though it's better when they're closed. I want to see her, I need to see her.

"Wh-- Whe-" I try to say but it's like the pain's taken away all my senses.

"I wouldn't recommend talking Mr. Eaton." Jeanine's cold voice fills the intercom above my head.

I want to move but then I realize.. I can't. There's some noise's coming from my right but I can't see or move to look that way.

"Tobias!" It's Tris, she's here. She comes to my side and I can actually see her. I reach my hand up to touch her cheek. To feel the warmness of her and to feel the smoothness of her skin.

"I'm here." She says and I smile, as much as I can. "Tr--" I can't finish.

"Tobias, It's okay." She starts to say. She's crying, you can tell by the cracking in her voice.

"It's okay, if you're in pain, You can go." She tells me and so does my mind.

You can go. You can go. You can go.

I shut my eyes, Tris's hand slides into mine and I'm content now. She's here, she's safe, she's with me. That's all I need.

"Tobias." A voice says but it's not Tris's nor is it Jeanine's. It's my mother.

"Mom." I breathe. She comes before me, in her mix of colored clothing-from different factions. More tears fill my eyes, not of pain nor sadness but of happiness. Never did I think I'd see my mother again, not after her true death.

"Hello Tobias." She whispers and my heart is aching for her.

"It's okay sweetheart, you've done so much here and I'm proud of all you've done. At dauntless and with you're own little family." She tells me.

"But you're in pain, my dear. Let go of that pain, for me." My mother says and reaches out her hand. I remember her holding her hand to me so many times as a child, I've known to associate it with safety. Knowing that something good or something that won't harm me is coming.

"Tris." I breathe out, almost unable to get a sound out.

"She loves you. You loved her and that's the most you could give her." Evelyn says and I know she's right. I love Tris with everything I am, and I'll always love her.

I can feel Tris's lips press to my forehead and my mother reaches for my other hand. "It's time to go my son." She says and I can barely nod.

I'm leaving my life, I'm leaving my world. And I'm not talking about Dauntless, or the life I had there. I'm talking about Tris, she's my world, my everything. And to think that she once left me, that I swore I'd never leave her.. Here I am. I'm leaving her.

I can no longer feel Tris, I can only feel my mother's hold. All I have left to do is let go... So I let go.