Chapter 13

Tobias POV
"Nope."
"No way!"
"Not this one."
"Shauna, shouldn't I have some say in what ring I'm giving to her?" I ask. We're standing and looking around on a real fancy jewelry store. "You asked for my help, I'm helping." She says and I shake my head. "I'm looking over there." I say pointing to a glass container.

I can hear just barely Shauna saying no to more rings but I try to ignore her for now. Then I spot one. It's a silver band with lots of tiny diamonds and a big black diamond in the center. It automatically reminds me of Tris. Simple yet beautiful, Abnegation yet Dauntless. its perfect.

"Shauna!" I yell and she walks over. "This is the one." I tell her and she smiles. "What?" I ask and she laughs. "I knew that you'd be able to find one you just thought you needed someone to help. So I figured that if I annoyed you, you'd find one sooner or later!" She says all proud of herself. "Can I help you sir?" A man walks up to me. "Id like this one please." I say and he nods. Once I check out, Shauna and I head out. She gets to her apartment and I remember to thank her. Then I make my way back to my apartment. I stick the black box that holds the ring in my back pocket so hopefully tris won't see it.

"Hey babe!" I say as I close the door behind me. "Hi!" I hear her from the bedroom. I walk in and she brushing her hair in the bathroom. I walk over and plant a kiss on her head. "How was Caleb's?" I ask. "Fine." She responds rather quickly. "Okay." I say and go to grab a shirt from my closet. I slip my old one off and care fully place the box in my dresser while tris isn't looking. I slip my pants off and replace them with sweats, and throw on the shirt I pulled out. "Where were you today?" Tris asks walking out wearing one of my larger shirt. "I was.. Out with Zeke." I lie and I can feel the guilt piling up. "Oh." She says and walks out onto the kitchen. "What did you and caleb talk about?" I ask as she grabs a water bottle. "Oh nothing much. He rambled on about some erudite things and boring facts no one cares about and we talked a bit about us." She says taking a seat on one of the stools we have. "Oh. Sounds enjoyable." I say trying to hide my true feelings. She laughs. "What so funny?" "You trying to sound happy and interested!" She says and I smile briefly.

"I'm going to go to sleep. Long day." I say and kiss her goodnight. "You coming?" I ask and she shakes her head. "I'm just gonna think for a while. I'll join you soon." Tris says and I nod. As soon as I get under the covers and my head hits the pillow I'm out.