Chapter 92

Tris POV
The wind blows through my neatly curled hair, and through the loose lace fabric on my dress. And not to mention the lace veil I'm wearing right now.

I'm looking up at the sunset painted sky right now, soaking in the feeling of my parents gaze down on me. Knowing even if they can't be with me, they still are here... in my heart.

Everyone's waiting feet below me, I'm by myself on the roof. Just thinking that the day's finally here, and that in a few short moments... Tobias will be my husband.

Thinking of all I've been through, all we've been through, and to know that there's much more to come-- good and bad.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. I'm holding a bunch of white, black, grey and blue roses, tied together by a grey ribbon. I open my eyes but the nerves seem to still build.

Looking at all the people gathered to see us be wed, makes me feel uneasy. I want to feel like it's just us in the room, and maybe that's the part I need.

"Tomorrow, it's all about us." I hear Tobias's voice echo in my mind as I take a step further.

"He" Is a young man attached to the hand I grabbed. He has a spare upper lip and a full lower lip. His eyes are so deep- set that his eyelashes touch the skin under his eyebrows, and they are dark blue, a dreaming, sleeping, waiting color.

"You can let yourself be in pain, it's just me here."

"Fine." He leans his face closer to mine, his eyes focused on my chin, and my lips, and my nose. "I watched you because I like you." He says it plainly, boldly, and his eyes flick up to mine. "And don't call me 'Four' okay? It's nice to hear my name again."

"Fine. You're not pretty? So?" He kisses my cheek. "I like how you look. You're deadly smart, you're brave and even though you found out about Marcus..." His voice softens. "You aren't giving me that look. Like I'm a kicked puppy or something."

He takes my face in his hands, his fingers strong against my skin and kisses me again, firmer this time, more certain. I wrap an arm around him, sliding my hand up his neck, and into his short hair.

"Four and Six."

"I have something to tell you." He says.

I run my fingers along the tendons in his hand and look back at him. "I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though." "That's sensible of you." I say smiling too. "We should find paper so you can make a list or a chart or something." I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressed behind my ear.

"Maybe I'm already sure," He says. "and I just don't want to frighten you." I laugh a little, "Then you should know better."

"Fine. Then I love you."

A tear slips my eye, the memories swarming in my mind.

My breathing gets harder and faster as I step onto the edge, peering down and see everyone gathered.

"I can't." I breathe out and feel like I'll faint any moment.

"Tris!" I hear a voice behind me. I turn and see Uriah, all dressed up in his tux.

"Uriah." I say and have no idea why he's up here.

"Are you going to jump??? You're like ten minutes late and Four's freaking out." He tells me and I'm baffled by how long I've been standing here.

"Uriah, I can't. But please tell Tobias to meet me at the Ferris Wheel." I tell him and hand him my flowers and run as fast as I can in heels. I'm a mess right now, tears and sweat, and it looks like I'm ditching my wedding.

I hear Uriah call me till I get farther away to the point that I can't see Dauntless much less Uriah.

I cry all the way to the Ferris wheel, I take my heels off and start to climb. The wind blows me harder from up in the air, and when it hits my tears, it sends chills into my body.

"Tris!" I hear the voice I've had in my head all day.

I turn my head a spot Tobias, starting to climb after me.

"Tobias." I breathe.

"Tris." He says when he reaches me.

"Why'd you run?" He asks and hurts all I see in his eyes.

I sit on the bar, leaving space of Tobias. "I couldn't do it. I couldn't marry you with all those people." I tell him.

"Tris, this wasn't a problem earlier and if it was we could've fixed it." He tells me, almost pleading to me.

"I know, it's just looking down there and all the memories of you in my mind when I stood on that rooftop.."

"Do you even want to marry me?" Tobias asks, and he doesn't look at me.

"Tobias, of course I do. Trust me I do, but you told me that today was about us. And I just wanted to be with you, only you." I tell him and this time he turns his head.

"I love you Tobias, that's not why I ran. I ran because I wanted you to follow me." I confess.

"I wanted to know that you'd follow me no matter what." I say as tear pour down my face.

Tobias pulls a piece of hair behind my ear, "Of course I'd follow you. Tris I love you, and if you want less people or just us... then hell let's marry here." He says.

I laugh, but look at Tobias when I notice he isn't laughing. "You're serious?" I ask.

"Yes. Tris Prior, I love you. And I'll marry you wherever." He says and I smile. "And you just happened to pick the Ferris Wheel." He adds and I laugh.

"Beatrice Prior, You once told me that you thought I wasn't afraid of anything, and I told you that everyone's afraid of something. A fear you've never known about and one that I hardly knew about.. was the fear of my future. In abnegation, I feared for my life. If I'd have one in the future, in dauntless I feared the future in the way of fitting in and hiding my divergence. When you came I feared for a future without you." Tobias says.

"It's been a constant struggle to keep you safe and away from harm, but that in no means lessens my love for you or the want to protect you." He adds.

" You gave me a sense of life back, a new way of thinking, loving, acting, and living. And for that, I thank you." He says with a smile just like me.

"I love you Tris Prior." Tobias says.

"I don't know where to start and I didn't really write my vows down." I joke.

"But I did want to thank you. For all you've given me, all you've done for me, all the time you've put yourself in danger just to protect me. To save me like I was something worth saving." I say.

"And you've proven to me that there are things worth living for. Things I never want to let go of ever again." I add.

"My love can't be measured for you Tobias Eaton, it just can't. I love and thank you more than I can say." I tell him and all of a sudden he kisses me.

I don't hesitate to kiss back, wrapping my hands around his neck.

I pull back though, resting my forehead against his.

"I love you Tobias Eaton." I whisper.

"I love you Beatrice Eaton." He whispers back and it's official.

I'm an Eaton. I'm a bigger part of him, I'm claimed as his.

I always knew I was his and he was mine, and I guess we never needed people to proclaim it or to make it official. Because what matters is that we know. That we know how much we love each other and how much we mean to each other.

We know.