Chapter 15

Tobias POV
I wake up at about 8am, and tris's side of the bed is cold. I get up and grab a shirt and pull it on. I walk out to the kitchen to see if tris is there, she's not. She's asleep in the couch, curled up under a black blanket. I return to the bedroom and take a quick shower and change. I step back out and tris is up in the kitchen now. I go over and wrap my arms around her, "Good morning." I whisper and she struggles out of my grip. "What?" I ask as she ignores me and walks into the bedroom. "Why'd you sleep on the couch?" I ask. She turns to me. "I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as a liar." She says and slams the bathroom door closed. I face palm myself, she must've found out that I lied to her.

She comes out about 20 minutes later and I'm waiting on the bed for her. She sees me and groans in disgust, "Your still here?" She mumbles. "Tris I'm sorry I lied to you really I am." I say and she just stares at me. She's wearing a purple tank top that shows her tattoos and really tight leggings, I'm not sure if she's wearing this outfit to get back at me or if it's just comfortable. "Why'd you lie?" She asks. "I... I.." I stumble. She walks into the kitchen. I race after her and grab her wrist to hold her near me. "Let me go!" She yells. "Tris look..." I say but she cuts me off. "No you listen, first let me go your hurting me! Second I don't want you to explain because obviously it will be another lie." She says and I didn't know how tightly I was holding her. I release her and she gets some water from the fridge.

"I know your mad." "Damn right I am." She says. "I know I know and I'm sorry!" I say and she rolls her eyes. "If your so sorry why can't you tell me where you were yesterday?!" She says and I sigh. "You want the truth??" She nods. "I was with Shauna, you can call her if you want!" I know that Shauna won't spill that I'm going to propose. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you thinking I'm cheating on you or something." I say and she relaxes just a tad. She picks up the phone and dials Shauna. I hear bits a prices of the conversation. "Out.... Shopping... Zeke... Thanks..." She comes back into the room.

"She said you were helping her shop for a birthday present for Zeke." She says. Damn I forgot his birthdays coming up! "Yea." I say and she hangs her head. "I'm sorry." She said. I come over to her and hug her and she doesn't wiggle out this time. "It's okay.." I begin to say and then she shakes her head. She pulls back. "No it's not. I'm yelling at you for lying when I lied to you." She says and I'm a bit taken back. "What?" I ask. "Caleb and I talked about something and I didn't tell you, I lied to you about what we discussed." She says and I'm beginning to get frustrated.

"What did you talk about?" I question. "The serum." She says and I nod for her to continue. "He agreed to help bring some people back." She says. "So you ignored me, slept on the couch, and yelled at me for lying when I should've been doing that too?!?" I say raising my voice. I can see her flinch as It became louder. "I'm sorry." She says as her eyes become coated in tears. I let out a deep breathe. "I'm glad you told me now" I say and she hugs me again. "Let's be honest with each other from now on okay?" I ask. She looks up at me and smiles. "Okay." She says and kisses me.