Chapter 51

Tris POV

I can sympathize for Tobias, and what he's going through, "Why daddy sad?" Luca says behind me. I didn't know he was standing there till he spoke. He's pulling on the corner of my tank top lightly to get my attention. I pick him up into my arms and go over to the couch, placing him on my lap.

"Daddy's just sad about something." I try to explain the best way I can. "You make me fweel better, his mommy can make him fweel better." He says. His adorable voice is actually masking the pain in that sentence.

"Well.." I want to say something to Luca, I just don't know what! The door leading to the balcony opens and Tobias steps in. "Hey Luca." He says. Luca looks behind and sees Tobias and goes running to him. Tobias picks him and swings him into his arms.

"Will you come out on the balcony with me? I want to talk to you." Tobias asks Luca. "Twouble?" He asks Tobias. Tobias smiles a little, "No, no you're not in trouble." He says. Tobias eyes me and then they disappear outside.

•••••••Tobias POV•••••••
I set luca down in the chair and I crouch in front of him, so he's the one looking down at me. I never noticed it but I guess it's more obvious since I'm already thinking of her, but Luca has Evelyn's eyes. They're so similar to Evelyn's that it's like looking into hers, which is going to make this even harder.

"Look Luca, I wanted to tell you something." I start. He nods his little head, I don't really want to make eye contact with him but I know I should. "Your mom." "Mommy?" He asks. "Yes. Your mommy, you see she was sick." I add. "Sick?" "Yes. Very sick." I tell him.

"And because she was so sick, she... she umm.." I stutter. I have to tell him but I can't. It'll crush him. "She went.. she went with someone." "Who" Luca asks. "Well, he's an angel." I say. Luca smiles a little. "Angwel? " He asks. "Yep. An angel. And he's going to take such good care of her, and she's still looking over you and luca, she still loves you." I explain.

"But she asked Tris and I to take care of you. She needed someone to be a mommy and daddy to you, and she asked us." I say. "Does all of this make sense?" I ask. Luca nods. "Good." I say with a small smile.

"I like you." Luca says. I chuckle lightly, "I like you too." I say and kiss his forehead. "Let's go back inside." I say. Luca slide off of the chair and takes my hand, entwining his small fingers with mine. I smile and open the door.