Chapter 57

Tobias POV
"Hey." I say to tris while walking into the bedroom. It's been a week since the appointment, and she's still getting sick every morning, but at least we know the baby's in there and healthy. "Hey." She says back. She's snuggled under the covers reading a book. I walk over and bounce onto the bed, "Hey!" She shrieks as she's jolted by my jump.

"Here, take a look at these." I say handing her a stack of papers. She places her bookmark in between the pages she's on, and places it on the nightstand.

"What are they?" She asks looking at me while picking them up. "They, are possible places for the reception. Not the ceremony, but the reception." I say making it clear. She takes a minute to look through them. "I like the idea of the pit for the reception. " She says finally looking back up at me. I smile, "I thought you'd choose that." I tell her. "What about the ceremony?" She asks. "Where would you like to have it?" I ask. I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear, and she opens her mouth to respond.

"I think we should do it at either the net, or the Ferris wheel." She says. "Why those two?" I ask curious by her reasoning. "The net because that's where we first met." She explains. "And the Ferris wheel because that's where I realized my feelings for you, And that maybe you weren't all so bad and intimidating." She says and I smirk.

"And you told me your fear." "And you pushed me to face it." I tell her. She smiles, "Yes I did, part of it was you though. I never told you that you had to come, and had to climb higher with me." She says leaning into my chest.

"Yeah, well, I wanted to follow you. I wanted to be alone with you I guess." I admit. She laughs lightly. "When did you discover your feelings for me?" She asks. "Isn't that supposed to be in the vows?? I can't tell you now." I say sarcastically. She laughs again.

"When I pulled you out of the net, or maybe even when you were falling down." I tell her. "I know when I looked at you though, that there was something. Something I loved about you, and something that I need to know more about." I admit to her.

I look into Tris's eyes and they're glimmering with tears, "That.. Oh Tobias!" She says starting to cry, she throws her arms around me. I hold her close to me, I know that some of this reaction is from hormones, but most of this is all her. All of tris, her heart pouring out. Tris reacting in love, and thankfulness.

This is her, the woman that can love a man like me. A man battered with such scars and bruises, but to her that doesn't matter. She heals them, and heals me.

Watching her fall, that swoosh of grey was the first thing I saw. But looking into her eyes when I lifted her out, that showed me something that I myself had never seen. A future.