Chapter 71

Tris POV
We dress casually and in clothing appropriate for the weather outside, since that's where we'll be most of the day. I'm wearing a purple tanktop, black jean jacket and black capris pants. I braided my hair today and I have to say I feel decent.

We took the train early morning to get here, while the sun was finishing rising and now filled the sky in sunshine and pink streaks that it left behind.

"That one?" I hear Tobias's voice. I do have to hand it to him, he's been great here. We've been here maybe three hours and he's still in a good mood.

I see him holding Luca in his arms, lifting him high to look and pick out apples. Luca points to one at the top, and I watch from the sidelines as Tobias grabs it for him. He hands it to him and smiles are on both of their faces.

Seeing Tobias with Luca... It makes me see that he's always been a dad. A father at heart.

No matter how much he denies it or worries of what he'll become.. He is. "How's it going over here you two??" I ask walking over.

"We're doing good, aren't we buddy?" Tobias replies looking down at luca, and tucking some of his dark brown hair out of his face and behind his ear. "Yes!" He exclaims smiling. I laugh.

"Are we ready to head home? Or should we stay a little longer?" I ask Luca. All around us in the orchard there are men in woman dressed in yellows and red, bringing back memories of wearing those colors.

"Home." He says and I look to Tobias making sure he's okay with that decision although I'd honestly be shocked if he wanted to stay.

He nods and we head out of the orchard of tall trees and plants of all kinds. Green covering almost everywhere, and the sun making it warmer than it really is. We run to the fast speeding silver train and jump on, Luca loves the train and the energy that comes from it. "Did you have a good time?" I ask Luca.

He playing with an apple in his lap, he's between Tobias and I. "Yes." He says smiling up at me. You really can see Evelyn in him, and I think that it still pains Tobias- even though it's nice to have a part of her here with us always.

Tobias gets up and goes to look out the open door in the next cart over, a wall separates us but I can still feel him there.

Luca shows me that he has a loose tooth, and for a five year old it's fascinating- so you just have to go along with it.

Tobias comes back into our cart but there's something wrong. I can't decipher what it is, but something's off. His face is blank and I can't read his eyes like I can sometimes. He's not speaking, just sits down where he was before.

"Hey you okay?" I ask him. His head turns but it's an odd turn- almost robotic. He nods but he still looks out of it.

"I'm going to drop Luca off at Marlene and Uriah's for a play date okay?" I say to him and he nods the same way.

I sit back freaked out and nervous about the reason behind his unusual behavior. The train gets back to dauntless and we head back to the apartment. Tobias goes on home while I drop luca off.

"Hey!!" Marlene says opening the door. She has April in her arms, she's adorable. "I'll pick him up tomorrow?" I say checking the time. "Yep! See you then." She says and I watch as Luca and April run off to play. I smile as I head back to the apartment.

****
When I walk in I close the door behind me and as I turn around and hand slaps over my mouth. My eyes widen, I want to scream. I want to scream for Tobias.

The intruder is oddly familiar but at the same time I'm scared for my life. I start kicking but he punches me in my ribs which makes me fall to the ground in pain- agonizing pain.