Chapter 60

Tobias POV
I walk out of the bedroom after tucking tris back in, I know she thinks that it has something to do with the pregnancy.. But I'm not convinced. I pick the phone up from in the kitchen and dial a number I've yet to call.

"Hello?"

"Hey caleb, it's four. You have a sec?" I ask him.

"Sure! What's up?" He asks. You can hear the excitement in his voice but you can also tell that he's a bit confused by my call.

"I wanted to know if there were any possible side effects from this resurgence serum?" I ask him.

"Well..." He begins, it sounds like he's ruffling through papers.

"I suppose."

"Suppose??" I say wanting a more clear answer.

"Yes. There could be. Why?" He asks.

"I think tris may have some but I'm not positive." I tell him.

"How so?" He asks.

"She woke up today moaning in pain, sweating, shaking, running a very very high fever, and it looked like she wanted to throw up." I tell him, remembering her pale face.

"Umm.." He says. Ruffling added to the background once more.

"That's not... Normal." He says. You can tell he doesn't want to tell me that.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well the normal ones would be a headache once in awhile and maybe dizziness." He says.

"Nothing close to what beatrice has, or what you said she has." He says.

I cringe at the way he says Beatrice, not only just the name but the way he says it like a true brother, although he's not.

"Should I bring her to the doctor of the hospital??" I ask.

"I would advise it yes. And I'll meet you two there as well." He says.

"Oh one more thing.. Just so you know so it doesn't surprise you or affect tests or anything. She's pregnant." I tell him.

He silent for a moment, no sound is heard, neither from the phone nor the house.

"SHE'S WHAT?!" He screams. I have to pull the phone away from my ear it's so loud.

"Calm-"

"Don't tell me to calm down! My sister is pregnant!!! She's way to young to have a child! It's yours right!?" He asks.

"Of course it's mine! Relax and can we just focus on tris getting well right now?!" I ask getting annoyed.. Quickly.

"Fine fine. Bring her down to the hospital and we'll go from there." He says.

"Okay thanks."

"Yeah yeah. See you two later." He says.

"Bye." I say and hang up.

I put the phone back but hear a new noise. Tris vomiting in the bedroom, I run in and see her hunkered on the bed, unable to make it to the bathroom. "Sweetheart." I say hating to see her in pain. I'm just glad luca isn't here to witness this.

Tris and I found a small dauntless preschool/kindergarten class, and thought it would be perfect for him. He loves it so far.

"Honey, let's try and get you to the bathroom." I say picking her up bridal style, careful not to hurt her. I can tell she's doing her best to hold it in, but soon it gives. And it gives all over my sweatshirt. She begins to cry but I finally get her to the bathroom. I place her in the tub since its a bit better than the hard floor.

"Shh shh, you're okay." I say pulling her hair back. "Sorry." She breathes out. "Don't apologize." I say. She nods and falls asleep, right there in the bathtub.