Chapter 36 (part 2)

Tris POV
What tobias did to the Ferris wheel is absolutely beautiful, he must've spent forever decorating it. "Tris." I hear him say and I turn around. By hand automatically move to cover my mouth in shock when I see him kneeling before me. There's a black box in his hand and he opens it up, which reveals a sparkling ring. Silver with a big black diamond surrounded by little diamonds. I can't tell if tears are present, but I'll know soon enough.

"Beatrice prior, I'm not good at these kind of things but I love you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, to love you everyday and have you beside me. I want to go on adventures with you and fall in love with you all over again. So tris, will you marry me?" He asks. The tears are here, they are definitely here! I stare at him and the ring in shock, I can see he's getting nervous since I haven't answered yet. "Yes!" I scream and his face lighs up. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I say and jump into his arms almost tipping him over. He wraps his arms around me, he hugs me harder then he ever had before.

"It was beautiful!" I say through the tears. He slips the ring on and I watch it sparkle in the moonlight. "Do you like it?" He asks. I can hear the unsureness in his voice. "Of course I do! This is amazing!" I say and he smiles. "I love you." I say and kiss him hard. He pulls back though. "Come on, one last surprise." He says and I stand up. He walks me over to the Ferris wheel and presses some buttons. "Get in." He says talking about the cart. I get in and he presses another button. The wheel jerks and he runs to get in. He pulls the bar down in front of us and it starts to move.

I look over at tobias and he looks petrified but trying to hide it. I slide my hand in his. "We scaled one, now we have to ride one." He says and I laugh a little. I kiss his cheek and look down. The ground gets smaller and the lights look like little dots now. I can hear his breathing picking up and his palms are getting sweaty. "It's okay." I say and he turns to me. "Hey. Focus on me, don't look down." I say and kiss his cheek. He wraps his arms around my waist and I snuggle into his chest. The smell of him I've come to love mixes with the cool air.

This is what a perfect moment looks like, and I'm living it.