Chapter 27

Tobias POV
I wake up and hear a soft knocking on our door. I shake tris and she sits up, The door opens a tad but no one comes in. "I'll go see." I say and I get up and open it. Luca is sitting on the floor criss cross apple sauce, with his lion. "Hey luca." I say and he looks up. He smiles just a bit. "What's up little guy?" I ask crouching down to him. He shrugs. "Are you bored?" I ask and he nods. By now tris has come over to the door and is watching us. "Let's go watch tv and we'll make some dinner!" Tris says and he nods. He's a nice quiet kid, real sweet. "Let's go." I say and I pick luca up and carry him. He giggles as I pick him up and it's the first time he's seemed to enjoy himself while being around me. I set him down on the couch and tris finds some children show, lots of colors and stupid dialogue.

"What is he going to eat?" I ask tris while walking into the kitchen. "Hmm.." Tris says looking through the cabinets. "This seems kid like." She says getting out bread, peanut butter and jelly. "Yea. And some milk." I say getting it out of the fridge. She starts to make the sandwich and I pour some milk into a glass. "Alright Luca here Ya go!" Tris says handing both the plate and the glass to him. He picks it up and tastes it. It must be okay because he keeps eating it, or he's just really into the show. Tris and I go back out to the kitchen, "He so cute." Tris says looking at him. "Yea." I agree. "You are good with him." She says turning to me. "Really?" "Yes! He loved when you picked him up." She says. "Thanks." I say. "The big tough four is really a big softie!" She says hugging me. I kiss the top of her head.

After a while she goes to bed and asked me to watch him and get him to bed when he's tired. Two more episodes of the show pass by and soon I see his eyelids getting heavy. "You getting tired bud?" I ask and he yawns. "Come here. Let's get you to bed." I say grabbing him in my arms and his lion off the couch. He cuddles his head into the crook of my neck and his little snores start up. I decide not to turn on the lights in his room or i might wake him up, so I set him down gently and pull the covers up to his chin. His eyes are shut and he's sleeping soundly. I kiss his forehead and walk out of his room.

I leave the door cracked and go into our bedroom, tris is under the covers wearing one of my shirts. I slip mind off and a pair of sweatpants. I slip under the covers next to her and wrap my arms around her, I kiss her temple. "Night love." I whisper.