8 | Andi

I work at the Midtown branch of Gordon Bank—one of the first multinational banking and financial corporations owned by an African American family

I work at the Midtown branch of Gordon Bank—one of the first multinational banking and financial corporations owned by an African American family. The bank's General Manager of Retail has me busy with meeting the branch's business-customer base to expand. He gave me a target of fifty new clients with a portfolio worth over two million dollars each. I was on the phone nonstop scheduling appointments for those clients.

I review the in-tray on the computer screen to notice there was a memo containing new procedures I would initiate to this branch. My cell rung, alerting me on my left AirPod. When I seen the name, I was appalled I even got a call back.

"Hey, Jade."

"Hey. Sorry I missed your call. I was packing for New York."

She sounds normal. "Yeah, Care told me about that. You haven't been in a while. I know you're happy."

"To see my mother mainly, definitely."

"So, you been alright? Been working on any music?"

"I been fine." Jade answered firstly. "But I'll be working on my EP soon, so that's very good news."

"Yes it is."

"How have you been?" Jade asked me.

"Ugh; work, work."

"No, what does Joie call him, Sensual Chocolate." Jade chuckled making me as well. "You still seeing Sensual Chocolate?"

"Yes, I'm still seeing Sensual Chocolate." I laugh softly, "We practically live with each other now."

"Whhat? Y'all shacking up? He got clothes and shoes in the closet?"

I chuckle at her playful and appalled tone. "Yes, he does."

"So y'all getting serious?"

"Eh, something like that."

Jade mocked me. "Don't to downplay it. You know he breaking that back in every night."

"Night, morning, lunchtime, he breaking this back in. Okay!"