14 | Caren

My father moved back in town and I haven't heard back from him since I left my voicemail a few days ago

               My father moved back in town and I haven't heard back from him since I left my voicemail a few days ago. Today he invited me and the kids over to see his new place. It was ten minutes out from me and my mother's place. His new residence was big, gave a contemporary and modern feel. A nice black Cadillac Escalade was on the driveway and I parked my Porsche behind it.

               Calen was so excited to see my father opened the door. "Hey! We talked about the door, didn't we?"

               "I want to see Grandpa!"

               "So wait until I open the door." I got out in my multicolor, jewel neckline dress and opened the backdoor Chloe sat on awake in her carseat.

               "Mommy come on!" Calen rushed impatiently.

               "Don't rush me, Calen."

               "No russ," Chloe wagged her finger at Calen as I pulled her out.

               "Tell him Coco." I chuckled as closed the door and walked around to open the back passenger door. Calen hopped out instantly and raced to the double front door. He grunted low, reaching up on his tiptoes to ring the doorbell. He pressed his little finger on it nonstop. "That's enough."

               "Is that my Cae Boy!?" My father's voice was heard on the other end.

               "It's me, Grandpa!"

               "Who is me?" His voice was closer to the door.

               Calen giggled. "Me, Calen!"

               "The only Calen I know is Cae Boy." I heard the locks and the door opened to my father faking a surprise expression, donning a collared shirt and jeans. "Cae Boy!" he picked up Calen and lifted him in the air.

               I smiled at the amount of happiness Calen was in. My father lowered him and kept him on his hip. "Now my queens." he kissed me and Chloe's foreheads. "Come in baby's."

               I followed my father in and the inside was light and bright with a versatile open floor plan. The amount of space was for a family and he was by himself. "It's nice and... big. It's only you Daddy."

               "And my grandkids, my kids, your mother. Why she not here?"

               "I'm going to look around!" Calen hopped down and ran off.